Archinect
anchor

Bachelor's degree?

infernocp

I am in the middle of my third year at Texas Tech University. As each semester passes by, and my GPA remains less than par, I worry that I won't be able to get into the grad-school mARCH program. I was wondering how worthwhile is a bachelor's degree, and if there are any other options that I would have? I am pretty sure that only the master's degree from Tech is accredited, but I am not positive.

Dec 20, 04 7:41 pm
Devil Dog

i believe that tech is one of only a handful of schools who have the five year accredited masters. if that is the case, then the four year bachelors is unaccredited and therefore useless for licensure. you would need an accredited master's to obtain licensure. of course, this depends on the jurisdication (meaning state) of where you eventually want to be licensed. the four year bachelor degree is probably a BS in architecture whereas you would need a five year B. Arch. for licensure.

Dec 20, 04 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

you should talk to somebody in your department, if you are stuggling, and still liking architecture then find out what your chances are of being able to pull through. my roommate in school was granted provisional acceptance because of the GPA, and managed to get through. i dont think she ever got it up to the standards, but sometimes schools will let you continue in the program and eventually get the degree anyway.

Dec 20, 04 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
infernocp

Something I had considered if by chance I am unable to get into the masters program, is to intern in an office for a couple of years to get some experience and then apply to grad school either back at tech or elsewhere. Do you think that would be a wise route to take?

Dec 21, 04 1:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: