Archinect
anchor

Construction Management Degree with Design

test999

Hello everyone:

I am finishing a Construction Management Degree and want to get into Interior Design. I am hoping the Const. Management Degree will make me more marketable with design firms. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Morgan

Dec 20, 04 6:51 pm
ieugenei

maybe if you also have a degree in interior design.. or some other degree..

...i'm not ... too .. sure

Dec 20, 04 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

You'll get some mileage out of the Constr Mgt degree. Don't expect to get much early design experience, even if you get into an ID office. You'll fall into the project management path and then have to back into design.

If you know a design/build office in your area, this might be a better place to start. A lot of them are small enough that people end up wearing many hats - a good way to get a varied experience.

The main challenge will be showing someone how your skills will be useful to them. Don't act like you know it all, but have a good idea what you have that they could use.

Dec 21, 04 9:33 am  · 
 · 
norm

you'll have more (financial) success as a construction manager with a design degree than you will as a designer with a cm degree.

Dec 21, 04 9:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: