Archinect
anchor

Cornell Summer Architecture Program

swisscardlite

So i'm very soon going to apply for the 2005 summer architecture program at cornell.

comments? objections?

Dec 17, 04 9:21 am
gringodms50

justin_hui...
sorry to say , it seems like no one cares...
lol

Dec 17, 04 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
gringodms50

justin_hui...
sorry to say , it seems like no one cares...
lol

Dec 17, 04 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

justin -
i sent you an email about someone i know who attended cornell summer program.
someone who cares.

Dec 17, 04 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

thank you very much . i really appreciate it

Dec 18, 04 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
sasha

Justin,

I T.A.'d the program twice in the past few years ... It's an intense program but very rewarding, especially if you're fairly certain from the outset that architecture is your thing. And even if you're not, you'll definitely know after the six weeks are through (which is reason enough to do it). I can't speak for other schools, but the program is representative of the "lifestyle" of working and thinking and shlumming that you can expect from architecture in general and Cornell Architecture specifically. You would be surrounded by other highly motivated students, which was really important for me as a T.A., but for you as a student would define an environment of healthy competition that is necessary to get anything done in my humble opinion. If you go ahead with it, you should be serious about your time there ... You'll work long hours and break curfew a few times just to sneak back into studio. Have as much fun as you can, of course, and bear in mind that your chances of getting into the undergraduate program improve significantly (and decrease if you don't) if you are able to stand out among the other students in the program.

So, if you can afford it, I say go for it.

sasha

Dec 19, 04 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

cornell has always been my top choice as the university that i hope i can be admitted to and attend in the future. i have been interested in architecture already for 7 years and i look really forward on attending the program. thank you all very much for your responses.

Dec 20, 04 12:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: