anchor

most interesting consumer/commodity article i've read in a while

beatmeofficer
abracadabra

thanks officer. great excerpt.

Dec 16, 04 12:34 am  · 
 · 
c

beatme- nice article, well writtten+ thought provoking.
on that note: i am not anti-consumerist( sorry , double neg, i mean pro-consumerist i guess) what was mentioned about advertising as a buisness write off was interesting i never knew- i love ads . On TV commercials are often more interesting than the filler in between- and though i may not condon the product being advertised, i think it often becomes the vessel for good design, whether this, in turn redeems the product any, is another , much trickier question... but the relationship is interesting; product X exploits workers, damages environment...etc Art(design) in turn, exploits product X....(this role of art may not do justice to many people's idea of Art, but am speaking more in terms of craft- design, technique , etc) art is bankrolled by production, or better put, fleeces production, with advertising - as the intermediary, or accomplice ! .

Dec 16, 04 3:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: