Archinect
anchor

Graphic design question

gringodms50

hi, i just wanted to ask how much should a graphic designer working in the us charge per hour..
any help is appreciated
thx!

Dec 15, 04 7:27 am
trace™

Look at the AIGA or Salaries.com (if that exists). There are too many variables to give a number. Are you asking how much you should charge? How much will someone pay you? Your experience? What you'll be going? Etc.

Generally, in the US they start around $18-25 per hour and go on up, I"ve seen some charge $250 (as owner of a firm). It's a lot more diversified than architecture and the good ones tend to make more, again, unlike architecture.

Dec 15, 04 8:37 am  · 
 · 
e

i run a small graphics [print, digital, branding] firm. my clients are small businesses to non-profits [the arts and social services]. i donate my time to non-profits who can't afford to pay me if i believe in what they are doing.

with regards to my clients who can afford to pay, design projects are billed on a per project basis. i want my clients to know what they are getting and i want to know what i am getting. no abiguity. trace is right. there are many variable at hand when i set a fee. who you are, what you do, how much you stand to make off of my work, and your buget are just a few considerations. if i were to break it down to a hourly rate i strive for, i would say between $50-80/hr. sometimes i achieve it. sometimes i don't.

Dec 15, 04 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

creative directors charge over 100 bucks an hour.
art directors are close... you have to remember that
most of this goes to the firm... and not the
individual.

-n0010

Dec 15, 04 8:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: