Archinect
anchor

happiness...

Dazed and Confused

You rest when you die - get back to work.

Dec 14, 04 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

Hapiness is a warm smoking gun...

...and that pretty buck i bagged a few weeks ago after spending 2 cold days in the mountains

Dec 14, 04 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
roselyn

ah okies...if thats what you think so that can make good to your body, then go on.

Dec 14, 04 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
RqTecT

True Happiness is being happy with what you have.

Dec 14, 04 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
roselyn

yah right...are you married?

Dec 14, 04 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
graspin

happiness is overrated.

Dec 15, 04 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
mmm3

this thread is getting creepy

Dec 15, 04 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

My wife and I were out and she overheard someone talking about puppy breath as something wonderful and evoking happy memories.

She asked me if I had ever heard of that and I had to agree: yes, I have fond memories of the uniquely happy smell of puppy breath from when I was a kid (as opposed the funk of older dog breath). My wife thought that this was the grossest thing she had ever heard.

Dec 15, 04 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

Back to the original topic:

This past weekend, spent it with my girlfriend in Boston. At some point late Saturday night I woke up and was staring at the ceiling. She rolled over and put her arm around/over me. I laid there for a couple minutes and at that point I didn't have a single worry in the world, and I was content with everything in my life.

One of those John Kusack moments I guess, like in High Fidelity.

Dec 15, 04 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
graspin

i just had a harvey's burger!

Dec 15, 04 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
graspin

and my hot chocolate is devine!

Dec 16, 04 7:52 am  · 
 · 
whistler

Closed another deal with new clients.....Y-e-e-e-s-s-s-s!

Dec 16, 04 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Saturday morning.

Dec 18, 04 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
plainjane

true happiness is a lie
having no worry is a lie

they only last for a minute - which makes all the other minutes miserable in comparison.

face it, misery is there and it will always be there, along with happiness too, so really, you can never be truly happy.

Dec 18, 04 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

then go kill yourself and stop breathing my air

Dec 18, 04 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
slaprabbit

true happy ness doesnt last. its a moment in life.
dont take it the wrong way.

Dec 19, 04 8:32 am  · 
 · 
graspin

...getting paid overtime for a sunday's work!

Dec 19, 04 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
setsquareboy

eating a cookie!

Dec 20, 04 9:12 am  · 
 · 
A

having an idiot contractor try to make me look bad and being able to turn right around on him and show how stupid he is. Yeah, take that beotch!

Dec 20, 04 9:28 am  · 
 · 
roselyn

hi guys! check our website now.http://www.nosmoq.net
thank you...

Dec 20, 04 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
setsquareboy

...team canada's juniors!!!!

Jan 5, 05 8:43 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

this is the biggest post I never responded to...is it that subconcsiously I'm NOT happy? I'm not content, but I don't think I'm happy either - always seem to find a reason why not. I'm not sad though, lonely...a touch neurotic and thus depressed some days worse than others. I'm not on drugs, so that's good. I have my health and teeth I have work just fine - I can chew meat. I'm not dead. I write sad poetry - the only ones I seem to know that aren't architecture related. Hmmm

I'm here...but don't want to depress the world by saying that as I'm still clueless as to what happiness means to me...Buddha ibid/ says "...the journey useless difficult and with strife is not truly with meaning."

Jan 10, 05 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

sheesh! true happiness this way lies ..

Oct 5, 11 2:46 am  · 
 · 
mhea09

wow, that's a very good question...but same here travel makes me happy..and the most simplest things in life which is the act of kindness...

Oct 9, 11 1:38 am  · 
 · 
aldorossi

Last week, showing some sketches to potential clients for a big job, hearing them say this is different from anything else we've seen, in a good way...

... they haven't made a decision yet. So we'll see how that goes.

Oct 10, 11 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Happiness is realizing that nothing really matters in the big picture of the universe, resisting wants and our desire for a power and position and becoming a curious observer in the world is real happiness... our lives are short and small, to be anything but happy is insanity.

Oct 11, 11 4:26 am  · 
 · 
mhea09

happiness is when you feel nothing but peace within...

Oct 11, 11 6:07 am  · 
 · 
cameradude

Summer 2010, spent six weeks at a language program in Poland. Beautiful woman everywhere, cliff diving, adventure every night. For those six weeks nothing else mattered.

Oct 11, 11 6:43 am  · 
 · 

in an otherwise underwhelming week, sometimes happy is just finding new music that you slowly - on repeated listens - start to really love. 

Oct 11, 11 7:18 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!   That is after spending the day on a ladder, painting steel sash windows.....and closing out the day with a brewski!   I have spent the last five days repairing, scraping and painting cause the weather has been excellent.  I have been waiting to do this all year long, cut either work or weather always managed to get in the way.  Oh the People cutting my glass know me by first name. When I call in they just  laugh cause they know I'm an Architect.

Oct 12, 11 8:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: