Archinect
anchor

"Ralph" Ontario College of Art & Design

duke19_98

I haven't studied this whole project...but this image alone makes me want to puke. anyone else?

Dec 8, 04 1:31 pm
duke19_98

shit sorry I'll repost....I've been out of the loop for awhile

Dec 8, 04 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

brian, your response reminded me the picture of le corbusier looking at new york skyscraper and saying 'not tall enough'. very funny. was it in delirious new york? what makes me resign on it, is the not very thoughtful black box connection. at least from the idealized angle the photo is taken.
it would probably function as a boombox for the entire town. imagine archinect FM rock'n'roll during business hours.

Dec 8, 04 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

I must have missed that pic of corb. After taking architectural history and theory I tended to avoid the corb man. although I respect him highly, I just don't buy into much of anything he did. I just glanced at the previous thread Paul P pointed out. (boy he's on top of things isn't he) I think the topic of timeless architecture is very interesting. I'll give it 20 years or so before for someone decides to raze it. Seriously what an eyesore. Better yet, what a challenge it would be for an adaptive use project. Can this turd be reconfigured into a gem? I say this because as disgusting as it is I'm against total annihilation of existing forms. I like this image I of corb “cleaning house” that I placed in the theory section of my program.

I wish I could find the pic I took at a AIA convention in Dallas a couple years back. One of the attendees actually had a vanity tag on his BMW that read "CORBU"

Dec 8, 04 2:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: