Archinect
anchor

Best Architects in architectural representation

piero1910

What I mean with this title, is that I need to find architects who really make extraordinary drawings and models of their projects. An example could be the book by Harvard GSD Platform. But I would like to know what other architects are good at that. Thanks.

Oct 28, 14 8:24 pm
awaiting_deletion

Lebbeus Woods

Thom Mayne

Antonio Sant'Elia

Oct 28, 14 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
natematt
LTL
Oct 28, 14 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
piero1910

Of course, I know the ones that you mentioned except for Lebbeus Woods. I mean that they do not have to famous firms. You can also tell me websites that show very nice drawings. But I would like to be contemporary ones. Sant'Elia was undoubtedly a great architect , but I am looking for something of this era.

Oct 28, 14 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

Sounds like a homework project....

Oct 29, 14 9:28 am  · 
 · 
TIQM

Bertram Goodhue

Oct 29, 14 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
piero1910

I know that you are going to show me this classical stuff. But I need drawings that I can use as example for my own work. That is why I am asking about great representational work. It does not matter if it comes from students to be honest. I just need to see great drawings. It could be a website that shows portfolios or things as that. So let me know where I can find those things. 

Oct 29, 14 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Thecyclist

Paul Rudolph's manner of representing space is unmatched as of today. As many know, his preferred means of spatial communication was through excellently drawn sections with shading done through meticulous hatching. He brings together space, experience, and light all in one drawing.

His exterior drawings have a style all of their own as well.

Oct 29, 14 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

I just showed you two great drawings. 

Oct 29, 14 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Piranesi:

Archigram:

Yona Friedman:

Oscar Niemeyer:

Oct 29, 14 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
natematt
Rndrd.com
Oct 30, 14 3:38 am  · 
 · 
Mark Smout, and Laura Allen

Perry Kulper

Lead Pencil Studio
Oct 30, 14 4:05 am  · 
 · 
Stasus
Oct 30, 14 4:09 am  · 
 · 
Median

Dogma (pier aureli) , Neil Denari, Superstudio, Zaha's paintings in the 80's. 

Nov 2, 14 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
OM..

This was a hilarious thread.You shouldn't be so averse to representation that isn't contemporary. Like EKE and cyclist said, there's a lot to learn from their qualities. Here's a sampling of some other visually distinct firms.

models:

Renato Rizzi

HS99

collage:

point supreme

mies vdr

vector-based:

baukuh

atelier bow-wow

if all else fails:

luxigon

labtop

Nov 2, 14 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: