Archinect
anchor

Alcoholics

cracker

i WAS taking it easy. there is nothing interesting about "the supermarket". i could've said a lot more.

Dec 9, 04 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

have to admit, i sat in front of the computer for about 3 minutes trying to think of some stupid joke to relate to 'the supermarket,' cheers for that one

Dec 9, 04 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

many of the greats were near alcoholics... that i know of: corb, kahn, mies, schindler

work hard play hard...

Dec 9, 04 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
RqTecT

let us not forget Sullivan. He drank him self to death.
Mizner also was a drunk. So Boys drink up.

Dec 9, 04 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
epple

In my opinion drugs and alcohol fuel the creative process. Some of the 20th Centurys greatest Artists, Writers and Musicians produced their best work when goofed up to the eyeballs on space juice and PCP.
Whos to say that Corbusier, Medelsohn et al weren't coked up to the eyeballs.

I'm all for experimentation...now wheres my chemistry set?

Dec 10, 04 6:14 am  · 
 · 
meversusyou

yeah, and all the great 20th century's artists also died early, or poor and crazy, or in the bottom of a closet. the were also outcasts in society and it wasn't until many years later that people gave them respect... is that something you would like to experience?
here's a thought, were they coked up all the time because they were crazy, or visa versa. there is a line between experimentation for the sake of creativity and going nuts.

Dec 10, 04 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
norm

who let the adult in???

Dec 10, 04 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

lecturing geeks on an internet messageboard with broad generalizations is not going to get anyone anwhere helpful...

i don't think anyone really aspires to be a drunk, even though we talk about it....some of us just have poor dealing mechanisms.

confession: i am hung over today. and sore. (due to a car accident yesterday.)

Dec 10, 04 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

the two werent related i hope.

damn hippies

Dec 10, 04 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

today is my last day of work at my current place of employment.

they gave me a simpsons bottle opener.

Dec 10, 04 3:17 pm  · 
 · 

Good luck at the new place! And drink and drive more carefully from now on. Hope you're OK.

Dec 10, 04 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

No drinking and driving. Against the code of ethics.

Dec 10, 04 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

i think its the getting caught that is against the code of ethics

Dec 10, 04 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i'm going to my new place of employment's holiday party tomorrow. taxi service provided.

Dec 10, 04 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
BigGoron

Does anyone have a favorite drink they use to make it through the day? Either at work or at school? I think i'm going to need some heavy booze to make it through school. :)

Dec 14, 04 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

Gimlet

Dec 14, 04 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
sure2016
Dec 14, 04 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
sure2016

Dec 14, 04 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

doberman-you ever been to freiburg?
that exact oscar wilde quote was on an absinthe menu at schlappen (boots) the sweetest bar in sudbaden...

drinking and studio seem to go togethor. when i worked in florida, we cracked a beer at 4.30 daily, unless there was a pressing matter or a visiting contractor. and then there was drinking in studio on friday nights since there wasn't enough time to run downtown... ah memories

Dec 17, 04 2:54 am  · 
 · 
doberman

nah never been to freiburg, this is a very famous quote, so i guess you might come across it in numerous places throughout the world.

Dec 17, 04 7:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: