Archinect
anchor

atlanta buy out

g-love

for all those in atlanta who may be interested to know:

as of december 1, lord aeck sargent has officially acquired brock green architects. i know a lot of the current and former tech students know david green - wish him luck on the new venture.

Dec 6, 04 11:19 am
aml

oh. its sort of dissappointing although i don't know the details. i thought they were doing well. hope all goes well.

googled it and found this:

http://www.lordaecksargent.com/Resources/pdfs/HMU.pdf

Dec 6, 04 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
weave

i worked for david and eric for over a year. it was probably the best architectural job i've had. the environment was friendly and laid back, the projects were interesting, etc...and it was fun to see co-workers after work. i remember one 'christmas bonus' i got was an original copy of neil young's "yuma" from dave's record collection...not bad. unfortunately, brockgreen survived month to month (at least while i was there), even while doing some great jobs.

i actually heard about this buy-out several months ago but was told to be tight-lipped about it. i think it will be good for both sides and i wish both firms the best of luck.

btw, any of you LAS folks know when the renzo piano building will be completed?

Dec 6, 04 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
French

So does it mean it's not their office anymore?

Dec 7, 04 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
g-love

french - yes. they are closing down their office and will be a part of las from now on.

Dec 7, 04 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
French

Too bad. I was a student at tech a while ago, but I only met David last year. He is a really nice guy and an excellent teacher and architect, so I'm sure he is up for something better anyway. Maybe he will settle in Paris like he said:). David if you read this, good luck for your next projects and I hope we will meet again soon.

Dec 8, 04 9:50 am  · 
 · 
aml

french, i get the impression he's going to settle to working in las. that's what i got from that pdf. hopefully they'll still let him teach in paris, i think he was doing that either in the la villette exchange or in the summer program? that sure is a nice gig.

Dec 8, 04 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
French

Yes he did it in the la villette program. Well, I hope it's a good financial arrangement between the las and them. And I'm sure he'll be able to keep the level of quality they've been able to achieve. The project of these architects kind of have the same style as the architecture building at Tech don't you think?

Dec 8, 04 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: