Archinect
anchor

MAX7 - NURBS modelling... simple question - help!

spiderdad

i have been modelling with nurbs in max...
when i try to modify a surface/curve a small toolbar turns up, it simplifies a lot of the commands i normally need to trawl through and painfully figure out...

but silly me.... has closed this toolbar... and now i can't find a way to get it back... :-(

can anyone please help...?

Dec 4, 04 1:30 pm
trace™

It should pop up when you got the Modify panel. If it doesn't, just make a new nurbs spline/surface and go to the Modify panel. It should pop up when you click on the tab.

This is Max 6, though, haven't gone to Max 7 yet.

Dec 4, 04 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
spiderdad

thanks trace,
that hadn't work...

but i found a button under the general sub-menu (unders NURBS modify)... that makes it the toolbar pop up.

fyi: you can download a trial version of 7, from discreet.com

Dec 4, 04 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

yeah, I don't use nurbs often, only for playing around, really.

I'll wait a while to upgrade to 7. Right now I need to keep things compatible, and all my computers have 5 or 6. I'll try to do the big upgrade at once, but the $$ seem so absurd (why can't they follow Softimage!!??).

Dec 4, 04 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

regarding nurbs modelling in max. i was once told that there is now a way to integrate Rhino into the MAX interface for improved NURBS modelling, is that true?

Dec 6, 04 8:28 am  · 
 · 
French

I'm not sure what your question is, but if it is about importing rhino model into max, it is really easy and efficient. That's the only way I ve found to use nurbs in max anyway (the integrated tools just suck)

Dec 6, 04 8:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: