Archinect
anchor

Need modelling tool

Pete

I need a good modelling tool. I've got 3d studio Max but it serves it purpose best as a rendering tool (at least, that is what everyone says in studio). I have my doubts about AutoCAD because everyone is very negative about it. But is seems to be very accurate and easy to use.

Dec 2, 04 11:18 am
JG

I use Cobalt by Ashlar Vellum. It makes great "watertight" models and it's easy to learn. However like any tool it's only as good as it's user therefore 3D Max and Autocad, if used properly, are adequet for any modeling job.

Dec 2, 04 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

Rhino for more unusual shapes and intersections between different faces. So, in conclustion, autocad+rhino+max the tripple group will fullfill your requirements.

Dec 2, 04 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

try archicad... parametric and all the rendering tools are built in. personally havent tried but saw the demos and some firm's work done with that...

Dec 2, 04 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

FormZ is the best modeler I've used for architecture.

But as JG says, Max and Acad are superb tools in the right hands.

PS - don't expect any program to be a 'click and it's there', they all require learning, with patience and determination.

Dec 2, 04 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
RqTecT

FORMZ

BUT YOU CAN MODEL IN MAX 7 TOO

Dec 2, 04 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
anamassanet

there is this tool which is almost "click and it´s there". Very simple to use, very nice renders.

It´s called DenebaCAD. I think you can find it at www.deneba.com

I have the 2.0.2 version, I think they might be releasing a new version anytime soon but dont download anything older than 2.0.2

Dec 3, 04 2:12 am  · 
 · 
Pete

Ok, i've got acad and max so i'll give it a try. What is the most effiecent way to use both software when it comes to 3d modelling. If you have a groundplan, do you build the 3d model in acutocad and export to 3ds max for mapping and rendering, or is it more effective to model right from the start in 3ds max with an acad groundplan. I'm aware that there are many different routines, but i just need one to be good and afterwards when i'm effecient enough i can always do different routines and even learn other softwares.

Dec 3, 04 3:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: