Archinect
anchor

Animations

iwish

Has anyone ever played an animation through a powerpoint slide show? I have seen it done, but I can't get it to work for the life of me. What res do you render the animation at, and what compressor do you use? I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Dec 2, 04 10:59 am
Sean!

im not sure if i understand your question but, instead of selecting the “little mountain" or insert picture option, select the inset media clip "camcorder" then in the left hand corner select import. Find your .AVI file and your ready to rock. You can resize a media clip just like a picture, so depending on how big you want to present it is what resolution you will need. But you should be alright at 640x480
I don’t know about using an compressor, I’ve always had success without one.
Hope that helps

Dec 2, 04 11:33 am  · 
 · 
pencrush

I think you have to have the animation in .wmv file format. My wife just did this for a presentation yesterday, and it wouldn't accept quicktime.

Dec 2, 04 11:34 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

talking about powerpoint, i had the opportunity to work with Keynote (a mac program similar to ppoint) - and i have to say it is about a thousand times better looking, more intuitive and more combatible than stupid powerpoint
after using keynote powepoint looks kinda arcane
anyone else using keynote for quick-and-dirty presentations???

Dec 2, 04 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
iwish

The answer is Divx baby, Divx. I owe my bleeding ulcer to powerpoint, and I know there are better programs out there. If anyone wants to run full screen video in pp, render the vid out at 1200x756 and compress it with the Divx codec.

Dec 2, 04 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
ryan.keerns

i have done this recently. i used avi files rendered at 800x600.
insert movie from file.

interesting side note.
you can now insert movies in pdf files from acrobat. the benefit is greater control of movie playback. oh, and not using powerpoint.

Dec 2, 04 8:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: