Archinect
anchor

Thermographic Printing in LA

Can anyone suggest a good thermographic printer in LA? Preferably from experience - high quality results at a reasonable cost...

Dec 1, 04 2:35 pm
R.A. Rudolph

Paul - I'm not sure what that is, but I've used a printer for offset(?)that worked out great - maybe they do it or could recommend? My sister used to work for a marketing company up in SF that used these guys because of price, so I'm assuming they are competetive. They are in the Valley.
Quicksilver Printing
Dave Henshaw
(818) 895-2850

Dec 1, 04 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks! Looks like they've changed their phone number if this is the place you're talking about...

Quicksilver Printing & Graphics
19201 Parthenia St. Unit D - Northridge, CA 91324 - (818) 998-9900

Dec 1, 04 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

Yeah that's it... it's been a year or so.

Dec 1, 04 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

Spoke with Dave - very helpful and honest guy in case anyone else out there is looking for this type of service.

Thermography is "a printing process whereby slow drying ink is applied to paper and while the ink is still wet, it is lightly dusted with a resinous powder. The paper then passes through a heat chamber where the powder melts and fuses with the ink to produce a raised surface."

Dec 1, 04 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

since we're at the subject, does anyone know of a good printing shop with inkjet printers in LA that you've had a good experience with? something like the SOLTER PLASTICS of the printing industry.

Dec 1, 04 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

What do you use that for Paul? Sounds neat...

Dec 1, 04 6:57 pm  · 
 · 

my wedding invitations.

Dec 1, 04 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

Congratulations!

Dec 1, 04 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I thought so. You designing them yourself then? I just got married and did my own invites. Turned out really nice, but it's a lot of work.

Dec 1, 04 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, designing custom invitations is WAY more work than initially anticipated.

Dec 1, 04 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
French

Congratulation Paul! Too bad I won't be in LA anytime soon, I'm sure it's going to be a great party!

Dec 2, 04 10:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: