Archinect
anchor

modern medecine cabinets?

R.A. Rudolph

Any suggestions? Already looked at Robern & Splashworks. Looking for rectangular, steel or aluminum.

Nov 30, 04 6:07 pm
rayray

try this, they have everything...
good source for simple utilitarian
stuff...be careful not to fall in!

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Nov 30, 04 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
ewos

I just went through this same exercise- I ended up finding a framed med cabinet from Broan (model: Harmony).

Dec 1, 04 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Robern Medicine Cabinets are the Best I've worked with, but they've all been for wealthy people who didn't mind spending 1700.00 on a medicine cabinet. Here, take a look:
Robern

Dec 1, 04 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
b

Funny - I'm working on the same thing. The Broan 'Expressions iColor" collection looks okay. And Dorn Bracht makes two very sexy cabinets - big style and probably a big price. Good luck.

Dec 1, 04 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

I live in a 1950's back house that has a sweet mirrored medicine cabinet with glass shelves. Maybe you could find one at a salvage place.

ok...I'm going to piggyback on this "restroom" thread and throw something out. Has anyone ever specked a urinal for a residence? I think the first bathroom I design of my own will defiantly have a urinal.

Dec 1, 04 7:45 pm  · 
 · 

The various cabinets on the mcmaster site that rayray posted have definite possibilities. Kind of an tough look and, while not cheap, not as expensive as the designer-y stuff. Why not have a medicine cabinet with 'DANGER' on the front anyway? That way you're properly warned before you start your day.

Dec 1, 04 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti
http://www.hafeleonline.com/usa/

has some great hardware... really good company / interesting showroom in nyc.

Dec 1, 04 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

Looking for something more sleek and minimal... thanks though. Seems like one of those items that you either buy Home Depot or it costs 1,500 bucks. We did use the leather framed Robern cabs on one project & they are fantastic - they have lights and mirrors including magnifying on the inside - i didn't even know that existed before. Anyways, this client wants minimal and though they say they prefer just a wall of flat mirror I have a feeling they really want storage, you know how that goes.

Dec 1, 04 7:56 pm  · 
 · 

Sounds crazy but I've had pretty good luck designing my own cabinets and having them done by a millwork shop or handyman carpenter. Not as expensive as some of the slick designer cabinets you'll find AND you'll get exactly what you want. Stick to cheap materials (I last used maple veneer plywd) and you got it made.

Dec 1, 04 8:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: