Archinect
anchor

Sites Similar to Archinect for Engineering?

Are there any sites that are similar to Archinect that Engineers use? I have some questions that would benefit greatly from a more engineering/manufacturing based crowd. Maybe there are engineers right here? 

Jun 23, 11 4:25 pm
Rusty!

Most engineers are barely literate. They ain't writing shit unless you pay them to. And they like money up front. 

Jun 23, 11 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
metal

every engineer i know plays video games on the weekends

Jun 23, 11 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
Token AE

I have a bachelors and first masters in architectural engineering (structural/mech foci). What did you want to know? If I don't know offhand, I can probably point you in the right direction at the very least.

There aren't any sites out there that are similar archinect but with an engineering bent to my knowledge, and you won't find any in the near future. Engineering is a very closed-door type of gig after you get out of school. Liability and fees reign.

Rusty:

Contrary to popular opinion, those of us in structural forensics can write quite well. And you're only half right- we bill up front but we also charge you for overtime. And anything else not explicitly stated in the contract. 

Jun 23, 11 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
cvelasco

I found the ppi2pass forum good when I was studying for my PE... it did have a few non test related sections to the forum if I remember right... check it out.

Feb 19, 12 6:33 am  · 
 · 
cvelasco

oh... and if you have MEP/Building Services questions, I may also be able to point you in the (hopefully) right direction...

CV

Feb 19, 12 6:50 am  · 
 · 
go do it

try this

Feb 20, 12 12:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: