Archinect
anchor

AutoCad Autosave file

duke19_98

Where is AutoCad saving my ac$ file. My computer crashed and autocad didn't save my drawing to the .bak file. I have my Autosave function set at every 10 mins (i'm crunching out my thesis and didn't want to loose anything), however I can't locate any ac$ files. I tried autocad help, but I still was not able to figure out where it is putting these files. Can someone help me? Thanks Archinect.

Nov 27, 04 11:18 am
Janosh

Depends on what version you are running and whether you ever changed the default path. I would do the *.ac$ search and let your machine sift through all of the temp folders it could be in. In newer versions of the program, you can specify the ac$ save location under the open and save portion of the preferences menu.

Nov 27, 04 11:27 am  · 
 · 
duke19_98

I'm using Desktop 3.3, should have mentioned that. A *.ac$ search doesn't find any recent files, or any files that I've produced on this machine for that matter. in the open and save preferences menu it appears that I can only specify how often to save but not where to locate the files. I’ll probably have everything redrawn by the time I figure this out, but I’d still like to know how to access these files for future reference.

Nov 27, 04 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Sorry... I believe there is a "file locations" tab (or somesuch) in the preferences? Try there... it is the same place you tell it where to look for your .ctb and .pgp files.

Nov 27, 04 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

I found the file locations tab and file that it should be saving too. I've changed it to a more appropriate location. thanks for your help.

Nov 27, 04 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

Go to tools/options and set your auto save to 1 minute. Watch for the save path to come up on line command. Check to make sure the folder it is saved into is not set as hidden.

Nov 27, 04 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: