Archinect
anchor

BS in INTERIOR DESIGN - What should I study for my masters degree?

hys1989

Hello everyone,

I graduated with a bachelor of science in interior design and I'm planning to continue my studies but I'm very ambivalent. I know that I have MARCH as a one option but I want to know what else is there for me to study other than architecture or interior design. The most thing that I do consider is the creativity and the production part, so definitely I'm not thinking of majors like project management - I think it'll be too boring to study or work as a project manager after you have tried interior design. 

Any suggestions please??? 

Aug 21, 14 9:46 pm
x intern

Best would be business (MBA) but if too boring for you get out of school and go to work.

If you have a degree and don't know what else there is to study (or how to find out)  you probably should ask for your money back.

Aug 22, 14 10:34 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Follow an M.arch if you want to eventually practice as a licensed architect but if you want to stay in the int-des world, go for project management instead. I second Robbmc's second point as well. Too many people chase more schooling...

Aug 22, 14 10:50 am  · 
 · 
hys1989

will I just decided to leave my career, which I did, and focus on completing my studies. I want to have more knowledge in interior design and architecture and my dream is to open my own design office in the future. I guess M.arch would fit me but I was wondering if there are other options for me to go for. 

Any other recommendations?

Aug 22, 14 8:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: