Archinect
anchor

Amsterdam Orphanage by Aldo van Eyck, I need help!

ka em

Hi everyone

I'm currently working doing research on Aldo van Eyck and his Amsterdam Orphanage building for university assignment. I'm currently doing reading on his and his contemporaries' structuralist ideas (although I am aware that he doesn't consider himself to be one...), and I've gotten some photos from several books.

What I'm looking into is the changing aesthetic, use, interior, etc that come through the changes of ownership of the building throughout the years. My understanding is that it was almost immediately abandoned and was closed to be demolished, only to be saved by Hertzberger for the Berlage Institute, which has subsequently moved out.

And this is where I need help the most: I need information and lead on the current use of the building, it's history after the building was built, pictures over the years, etc. It will also be much much appreciated if you can also provide/refer to published articles or books. There are some articles that I found through RIBA online library but unfortunately I have no access to it.

If anyone can help, particularly our Dutch friends here, I would be very very grateful Thanks so much!!

Apr 10, 11 4:03 pm
ka em

Ummm, no one?

Apr 11, 11 11:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: