Archinect
anchor

Clemson Housing Incoming Graduate Student

Kyle.Clemson

Does anyone have any experience with finding housing in Clemson? I'm hoping to find a place that I can lease month to month due to the possibility of off campus studies during my second semester...but options appear limited. Perhaps more postings will appear this summer?

Anyone else looking for housing?

Also, can anyone give me an idea about the current condition of Lee hall due to the construction in progress? Should I study off campus during my first semester to avoid this?

Apr 4, 11 3:16 pm
druf

Do they still have "Clemson House" there? It's quasi-on campus. A couple of my friends lived in Graduate student housing, on campus. They were little 2 bedroom units, slightly dumpy, but they would be per semester.

Apr 4, 11 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
catherine5789

I'm a current undergrad at Clemson and I would recommend living off-campus. I don't know anyone really besides freshmen/sophomores who live on campus. Clemson has 2 major areas to live: in houses/apartments near "downtown" and in apartment complexes on Highway 93. Many graduate (architecture and non-arch) live in the downtown area since it's within walking distance of campus and also near all the bars, etc. A lot of houses are for rent in that area and can be rented through a realtor. The apartment complexes on Hwy. 93 are a little farther away from campus but probably cheaper. University Village offers 6 month leases as do some of the other complexes.

The new architecture building is currently being built and probably won't be move-in ready until Spring 2012 or late 2011. Graduate students are in trailers (pretty nice ones though) near the parking lot, so they seem a little isolated. The laser cutter is located in the graduate trailers, though, so that's a plus. I would recommend studying abroad or in Charleston if that's still a choice.

Apr 4, 11 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: