Archinect
anchor

Minecraft

toasteroven
http://www.minecraft.net/

not much of a gamer, but I've played around with it for a little while now and eventually you just start building block monuments because there's nothing else to do. first you're thinking "this is oddly awesome" then after a while some kind of strange existential angst sets in.

I have no mouth and I must Build

quote:

But pluck the world of Minecraft from a video game and bring it into fiction, and all of a sudden, it has a depressive heart, of boredom and loneliness and the utter futility of great works when there’s no one to appreciate them.

Apr 1, 11 2:01 pm
Digital_Sandbox

was wondering when the world of minecraft finally makes it to archinect

Apr 1, 11 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

I was wondering why no one else has posted anything either. I'm betting it's going to start making it's way into thesis projects or studio projects next fall...

I'm both enthralled and disturbed by it.

Apr 2, 11 12:46 am  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

It's just voxels.

Apr 2, 11 1:02 am  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields
toasteroven

all online gaming communities are full of freaky people with not much else going on in their lives. it's been like that since the birth of the internets.

I wanted to talk about the game itself and it's relationship to architecture and why we build - not some petty juvenile nonsense amongst people who spend way too much of their lives on the internet.

Apr 2, 11 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: