Archinect
anchor

Where could I find summer studio/arch jobs online?

bankz

I have no experience whatsoever and am also still in undergraduate school. Are architecture schools likely to take people like me for summer jobs? What would I be doing? and do you know any websites?

Nov 19, 04 6:12 am

Where are you? A long time ago Tulane University would have upper-level undergrads help with running their summer Introduction to Architecture course. Don't even know if they still have one. Best bet may be to check with the schools in your area first.

Nov 19, 04 6:59 am  · 
 · 
bankz

oh im from the new york city.

Nov 19, 04 7:04 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

check the aia, your local aias chapter, or your schools career center. any one of these should be able to point you in the right direction, if not set you up with something. that and just start calling around to local firms, look in the new york times, or a smaller periodical/paper like the voice or something like that. some smaller firms will advertise in these cause they are looking for the more "eccentric" "artsy" types for interns and go-fers. if you're still in grad school i wouldn't expect to do much beyond cleaning, filing, running errands, etc. if your smart and bold you may get in on some cad work, but hey you never know. good luck..let us know how it works out

Nov 19, 04 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

Although I expect there are schools in NYC that have student participation in the summer studios, from my conversations with NY friends I would guess there are a huge number of people willing to fill them. They probably go fast. Might be a tough search. Who do you know?

Best bets may be to follow archiphreak's advice and find an office or find a small contractor willing to hire an inexperienced carpenter.

What are you thinking the benefit of working in a school would be?

Nov 19, 04 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
lps

craig's list

Nov 19, 04 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: