Archinect
anchor

Jobs are for Chumps

Ms Beary

Excerpt from 10 Reasons You Should Never Have a Job:

Getting a job and trading your time for money may seem like a good idea. There’s only one problem with it. It’s stupid! It’s the stupidest way you can possibly generate income! This is truly income for dummies.

Why is getting a job so dumb? Because you only get paid when you’re working. Don’t you see a problem with that, or have you been so thoroughly brainwashed into thinking it’s reasonable and intelligent to only earn income when you’re working? Have you never considered that it might be better to be paid even when you’re not working? Who taught you that you could only earn income while working? Some other brainwashed employee perhaps?

Don’t you think your life would be much easier if you got paid while you were eating, sleeping, and playing with the kids too? Why not get paid 24/7? Get paid whether you work or not. Don’t your plants grow even when you aren’t tending to them? Why not your bank account?

Who cares how many hours you work? Only a handful of people on this entire planet care how much time you spend at the office. Most of us won’t even notice whether you work 6 hours a week or 60. But if you have something of value to provide that matters to us, a number of us will be happy to pull out our wallets and pay you for it. We don’t care about your time — we only care enough to pay for the value we receive. Do you really care how long it took me to write this article? Would you pay me twice as much if it took me 6 hours vs. only 3?

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/07/10-reasons-you-should-never-get-a-job/

Today is my 1 year anniversary of sticking it to the man, I mean self-employment. :)

Mar 19, 11 9:33 am
Ms Beary

Another fun read from the same author: Self-employment myths

Mar 19, 11 9:37 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Well... it's not technically a "job," but we can certainly tell who in our studio is working 6 hrs/week vs. those working 60 hrs/week...

Mar 19, 11 10:37 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Do the "great" workers work 6 hours a week and the "good" ones work 60 hours a week? Or are you talking about something else?

Mar 19, 11 10:44 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Time is not equal to quality. If you can do the same work in 6hrs that it takes someone else to do in 60 you are much more valuable.

Mar 19, 11 11:45 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!
Pros and cons of working for yourself
Mar 19, 11 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

If your working in an office you should order up these stickers:

Mar 19, 11 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude
Mar 19, 11 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

now I'm pissed cause these are so cool!

Mar 19, 11 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude
Mar 19, 11 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: