Archinect
anchor

Source of Funding - Architecture exploration

Phrederick57

I have been persuing an idea about a new floor system/art installation that I would like to build. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to begin the process of finding a funding sponsor, either through a grant program or a corporate sponsorship. I have spent some time writing and drawing, but without a clear way of getting this installation built I have been drifting in my commitment to completion. Any thoughts? Directions? Got any money? I am not interested in profiting from this, I only think it would be a cool installation.

Nov 18, 04 12:09 pm

maybe look for a local convention and trade show exhibit designer/manufacturer. they're constantly charged with figuring out how to build new things. they may be interested in springing for it if they think they can build on it. 'course they may want rights to it or a deal with you.

OR figure out who such a system might serve best, who is it for? if it's museums or galleries, who are their trade organizations? if it's a systems flooring manufacturer, how do they develop their new systems - in house or on contract?

usually best if you can forge a local connection. if you don't have a track record with this kind of thing, at least you have a chance at gaining trust through making a relationship.

Nov 18, 04 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: