Archinect
anchor

Fred Flintstone Feet Warning! Look Away!

Please, Women and Men of the studio...keep your shoes on, you are grossing me out! We don't want to see you fat square ugly feets, and our clients sure as hell don't want to either!
Thank you.

Mar 2, 11 7:36 pm
Rusty!

Haters gonna hate.

Mar 2, 11 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I think that's what I hate the most about architecture: having to keep my shoes on for extended periods of time.

How about desk slippers? Would you be ok if I had a pair of slipper on instead? I just don't want your judgmental, beady face giving me a stink eye next time I'm clipping my toenails during the lunch hour.

Mar 2, 11 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

If feet bother you that much... you should probably see a therapist now because you clearly have intimacy issues and body phobias.

Mind you, some people do just have gross feet.

Unless you get that problem solved, you'll be 4 divorces deep by the time you're 50.

Mar 2, 11 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

Unfortunately there's nothing better to keep you awake than the cold studio floor that chills your feet...

Mar 3, 11 6:34 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

"Toe Jam," is only worse than nail clippings!

Mar 3, 11 10:40 am  · 
 · 
TaliesinAGG

Glitter....I am 50, and happily married for 20 years, and I already see a shrink. Just hate when someone with their big ugly feet are stomping through the studio like a freaking clydesdale.
Rusty...slippers would be acceptable, thanks, in fact a fine idea.

Mar 3, 11 11:51 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Would these ones be ok?

Mar 3, 11 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

I'd just sprinkle some thumbtacks around... that'll put an end to it.

Mar 3, 11 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
creativity expert

at one of the worst offices I worked at, which I wont mention, one of their designer "GQ" guys i called them, walked into to office every other day wearing sandals. The women at the office said he can pull it off so its ok. me personally I dont care much for seeing dry cracked feet in the office. Some people should not wear slippers, but oh well, what are u going to do. its actually kind of ironic, you know because of that old saying that women don't want to walk barefoot and pregnant at home, but now it seems that the men, want to walk around bare foot and ? at the office.

Mar 3, 11 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
TaliesinAGG

Rusty...those would be an improvement compared to the dogs I see trapesing around here.
Thumb tacks....freaking genius!!! Think I'll go to office max at lunch

Mar 3, 11 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Can we talk about the next logical topic?

Pants. What's the point?

Some kind of a cloth to cover up the basics, yes. But leg sleeves? They just get in a way of creativity.

Mar 3, 11 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!
"Think I'll go to office max at lunch"

They don't sell rusty ones. You need rusty ones to really drive the point home.

Mar 3, 11 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
creativity expert

Please don't do it rusty.Keep your pants on.

Mar 3, 11 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

"That'll get rid of them pesky toes"

Mar 3, 11 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

Or you could just announce to the office that you broke a glass or spilled the container of used x-actos.

Mar 3, 11 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

If you actually do the tack thing, walk into the middle of the studio, pretend you're having trouble opening the container, then, oh no! tacks everywhere. Don't do it sneaky. Then say something like "I'm glad I have shoes on because I think I missed a few"

Mar 3, 11 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

i know this has nothing to do with feet but I saw this and
thought of this thread,it had to be shared.....

Mar 3, 11 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
Philarct

and are these people who dont wear shoes and what not jamming their feet in your face or is it just something you spot cause feet just bother you?
Either way the office really isnt a place for feet to be roaming
around anyway, but hey some people enjoy having their feet
fresh and butt naked out n about

Mar 3, 11 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

I can BIM 20% faster if I use my feet as well.

Mar 3, 11 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Donna, I love that poster (1/32)...i followed the name on the bottom right to this series:
http://jayshells.com/

we were all thinking it.
/tangent

Mar 3, 11 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

toaster, you are a diabolical genius. I want you on my side.

AP thanks for the link!

Mar 3, 11 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

Honestly I find flipflops to be more tolerable than bare feet. Generally, most people who wear sandals all the time do not generally have offensive feet.

But if you show up to work in shoes, you should probably stay in shoes. Taking off your shoes and walking around in socks is one thing but I can't stand people who take off both their shoes and their socks.

Mar 3, 11 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
TaliesinAGG

Don't even get me started on flip flops.....

Mar 3, 11 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

flip flops made me think of a young british lass I knew who love to dance naked except for her combat boots. It didn't do a thing for me.

Mar 3, 11 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

I don't work in an office, so you can discount this. I used to wear Birkenstocks with black socks. You really don't need to see my feet. But then I hear people say derogatory things about sock-wearing sandal wearers -- for some reason. You can't win.

Now I wear Crocs -- so phhhbt.

Mar 4, 11 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: