Archinect
anchor

Archinect, please boycott Israel (its about time!)

chatter of clouds

← The Collective Punishment of Teargas: Ibrahimi School closure and 12 year-old boy hospitalised as a result of excessive teargas this morning

Education Denied: Two schools closed and multiple injuries due to Israeli military teargas and rubber-coated steel bullets fired at Palestinians

Posted on December 11, 2014 by Christian Peacemaker Teams Palestine

11 December 2014—This morning the education of thousands of Palestinian children in Hebron was again compromised. While hundreds of children tried to walk to the seven schools near both the Qitoun/209 and Salimeh/29 checkpoints, Israeli border policemen fired teargas and rubber-coated steel bullets in response to a few children throwing stones towards the checkpoints. Even after classes began, the Israeli military continued to fire teargas. Two schools near the Salimeh/29 checkpoint closed within a half hour of the start of the school day. Two other schools reported additional problems caused by the actions of the Israeli military.

Dec 14, 14 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds
chatter of clouds

From With or without new “nation-state” law, Israel is a settler-colonial apartheid state

Israel is neither a democratic state based on the rule of law, nor a temporary occupying power as defined in international humanitarian law. Israel is a criminal regime of settler colonialism and apartheid that systematically oppresses and displaces Palestinians with the aim of achieving permanent control of an exclusive “Jewish state” in most of the country, including most of the 1967 Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT).

Dec 14, 14 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Sexual Abuse Against Palestinian Child Detainees Reported

author Friday November 21, 2014 06:10author by IMEMC News & Agencies Report post

At least 600 Palestinian children were arrested in Jerusalem since last June. Of these chlidren, nearly 40% were reportedly exposed to sexual abuse during arrest or investigation by the Israeli authorities, according to a report by the Palestinian Prisoners Club (PPC).

The PCC says that the daily arrest campaigns constitute a collective punishment against Palestinian residents of Jerusalem.

Attorney with the PCC, Mufeed al-Haj, said that other violations were reported during the apprehension of children, including but not limited to night and predawn raids on family homes, physical and sexual abuse.

According to WAFA, Al-Haj added that, under the applicable laws, minors undergoing investigation should be accompanied by their parents, yet Israeli authorities pay no respect to these laws in many cases.

Forces often ignore laws and arrest Palestinians without even having warrants.

Since last June, Israel has arrested hundreds of Palestinians in Jerusalem and the West Bank, most during predawn and night raids on their family houses.

Dec 14, 14 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Dorel

every low-life Arab that raised on hate to the nation which fed him with education and knowledge is a back-stabbing ungrateful little person. most of the invention we use today in medicine, technology, agriculture and more are thanks to Israel and Israeli people . all the Arab given the world is wars, terrorism, bloodshed, killing and beheading like Isis and Hamas and basically the Palestinian which by the way invented them self 40 years ago they are actually people from Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Jordan and you got the point and none of them actually lived in the Holy-Land  ( Israel ) before the Jews started to come there and turned this land from hell to heaven on earth. you can hear this on you-tube look for "Wafa sultan" and "Brigitte Gabriel"   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOoy2D3PACU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

Dec 14, 14 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
shivuy

Wow that's some Muslim hate in those videos right there. In the second video I feel like the camera cut away right before they recommended rounding up all the Muslims and putting them into camps.

Dec 14, 14 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
Dorel

SHIVUY, THE TRUTH HURTS ! ALL THE ARABS BRING TO THIS WORLD IS RAPE KILLING MURDERING AND A LOT MORE ALL IN THE NAME OF ALLA. 

Dec 14, 14 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
A.I.

Lol^

Dec 15, 14 2:38 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

Watch VIDEO

Punished for collecting rainwater

Israel bans Palestinians from digging new wells, repairing old ones, or even setting up cisterns to collect rainwater. As a result, area farmers must buy expensive water that has to be trucked in. Those who — driven by necessity — build rainwater collection systems without virtually impossible to obtain Israeli permits, must often watch as the occupation forces demolish them.

In the video, Jordan Valley farmer Muhammad Ebsharat says his home was demolished 16 times by Israelis attempting to force him off his land.

(...)

It is one of several films supporting EWASH’s Thirsting For Justice campaign.

Though brief, the film covers quite a bit of territory starting with Israel’s diversion of water from the Jordan River, north of the West Bank in the 1950s. From there Farming Without Water explores the expropriation of Palestinian lands after the 1967 Israeli conquest of the West Bank, the wildly disparate water use between water-intensive Israeli settlements and indigenous Palestinian agriculturalists and the oppressive restrictions placed on Palestinian water use and collection.

The film is concise, brief and poignant, making it a potentially effective educational tool to introduce the injustices of Israeli colonization to new audiences. It is also informative enough to offer new understanding to almost all viewers.

Dec 15, 14 7:12 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

From Child house arrests rise in Jerusalem clampdown

The boys’ father says that he hadn't realized how traumatic the interrogation had been for his younger son. “He didn't speak about it at first, so we didn't know. It was only a few months later that we found out that the interrogators were physically violent, and threatened to rape him. He was by himself, so no one knew how bad it was.”

Othman is not alone in this experience. According to the Palestinian prisoners’ rights group Addameer, a spate of interrogations followed by house arrests were recorded over the summer, all involving children from East Jerusalem and the Old City. Between June and September 2014, at least 26 children were ordered to remain under house arrest for periods ranging between one and three weeks. Most were in their mid-teens, but the youngest child was just 12 years old.

While most house arrests last for a relatively short time, some, like Othman’s, continue for months. When a child is under house arrest, their family is subjected to twice-daily visits from Israeli soldiers, at any time of the day, to verify that the child is present in the house. This situation can impact severely on a child’s mental health.

“The longer the house arrest lasts, the greater the psychological impact,” says Hassan Faraj, a psychologist working with the charity Medecins Sans Frontieres. “The family must play the role of prison warden and parents at the same time. It creates a very difficult situation.” As well as this, Faraj says, “the child and his family are in a permanent state of alert because they don’t know when police will arrive in the house.”

In the cases documented by DCI-Palestine, the use of house arrest is not connected to serving a sentence of any kind: children have not officially been charged with an offense. Instead, they are released from detention on the condition that they agree to remain under house arrest before attending a trial. This also has ramifications for a child’s education. “Often, house arrest leads to a child dropping out of school, either because of the shock sustained during interrogation, or because of a loss of concentration or strong feelings of anxiety linked to the period of house arrest,” says Faraj.

Othman’s case was typical: Israeli authorities first arrested and interrogated him on suspicion of stone-throwing, detaining him for one month before he appeared in a magistrate’s court. There, he was released on the condition that he remained under house arrest while further charges against him were determined.

House Arrest
The interrogators were physically violent, and threatened to rape Othman, his father told DCI-Palestine.

Dec 15, 14 7:17 am  · 
 · 
Dorel

I guess the Pro-Palestinian here never cease to lie and spread fabricated articles / stories... If you wish to now the truth you better find out for yourself by hearing the other side.

nevertheless, I address to the site manager to delete this post whole of it since it is nothing to do with architecture which represent beauty, inspiration, and mostly define how to make people at ease.    

Dec 15, 14 9:09 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^don't waste your time Dorel, TAM's nonsense is well entrenched here and no amounts of reason will have it removed, unfortunately.

With that said, should it not be time for my widly popular squirrelsory pictures?

Inline image 1

This time, it's a squirrel dressed as a horse.

Dec 15, 14 9:16 am  · 
 · 

^^Don't waste your time Dorel, we all know Arabs are a low life race who came to Palestine out of blue, the Holy Land of Zion that is farmed and harvested since the beginning of time. And by Bibi Netanyahu, who showed a special case of humanism, together with the settlers, who came from Brooklyn, and both entities played a great role of giving freedom, respecting Arab properties, educating and feeding those Arab swines. Yes Arabs, oh, and their awfully murderous religion and their god "ALLA" (sp check) . Death to Arabs Death to Arabs! Archinects unite! DEATH TO ARABS! DEATH TO MUSLIMS! DEATH TO ALLA! 

Now. that's architecture We can live with in Israel!

Dec 15, 14 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
Dorel

You are cynical, and by your cynicism we know how much you really don't know nothing but what the press fed you up with.

Here some free advice from me to you... Start listen to what Arabs say , read between the lines and most important look with your own eyes. but first you will have to do the hardest thing known to men... STOP BEING BIASED   

Dec 15, 14 6:02 pm  · 
 · 

All I did was reflected on the translation of what you said above. Keep your advice to yourself you Arab and Muslim hating piece of  shit. 

Dec 15, 14 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
Dorel

It is hard to hear the truth but of course, you are an Arab yourself and you call me "piece of shit" look who's talking. how old are you? like 5 ? YOU IMBECILE. 

I strongly suggest you all read the book "son of Hamas" / "the green prince" 

Dec 15, 14 7:49 pm  · 
 · 

Go fuck yourself you piece of shit. Your hatred of Arabs only shows you are up to no good you fucking piece of shit. Racist and faceless bigot.

Dec 15, 14 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

I learn a lot when smart people debate.

Dec 15, 14 8:40 pm  · 
 · 

I wasn't trying to lecture you or other people but let racist assholes know how I felt for introducing bigotry and racist anti Semitic (Arabs are Semites too) language here against Arabs and Muslims. Since when hatred of Arabs and Muslims became an accepted form of speech you people so easily vomit out of your mouth and keep silent against. 

The posts this person left above are nothing but hate speech. You could at least learn that if you have any spine.

Dec 15, 14 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Like I said.

Dec 15, 14 9:11 pm  · 
 · 

It shows.

Dec 15, 14 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

This is my last post here.  I will not lie (as I have not lied in my posts). It was not my decision and I disagree with the closure of this thread owing to  pressure being exerted on Archinect by part of its community who are against, whatever their reason being, the call to boycott Israel.  Archinect has taken a decision and has taken sides.  This is clear, however apolitical it might be presented as being.  

Thanks to Paul for having given the space and time to this call to boycott Israel but no thanks or respect for wanting to curtail on the basis of what a part of Archinect’s community likes or dislikes, including those who join Archinect specifically to spam, lie, defame others, spread racial hatred and practice the ABC’s of hasbara in this thread (ok, they might start up a thread like that current lightbulb one - gosh some are gullible). Or old Archinect members who have disclosed their ugly sides….where on Thread Central they talk of their children, on this thread, they could care less about the wholesale massacre of Palestinian children, their torture, their imprisonment.  

They are inculcated in the pro-Zionist mind set, in the double standards that privilege the colonial outpost of western civilization (which was, within the racist anti-Semitic milieu of the west/europe, at one time, seen to be eastern and backwards) no matter its  murderous and kleptomaniac actions and the xenophobic dehumanizing one towards  a non-western civilization,  the Palestinians, Arabs and people of the Moslem faith. This is the pat of the community here that wants to protect Israel, however shamelessly it has been exposed, over it years of existence, as a vast concentration camp for the Palestinians on their own  land.

Neither do I have any respect for the argument that this thread should be closed because it is does not directly implicate Architecture.  Of course this is not true. Israel’s colonization of Palestine touches on the cornerstones of the domain:  the house that is stolen, the home that is destroyed, the culture that is usurped and appropriated, the land that is confiscated, the infrastructure and architecture of occupation, of dispossession. The ethnic cleansing by way of planning, as well as by way of destruction and genocidal acts. Buildings, people’s lives, culture, land, memory….violated, destroyed, stolen. This is what Israel is, since 1948. This is what it is and this is what it will be until the day that this racist, colonial entity finds its end…and it will find its end.

This  has so much more to do with architecture than, say “what music do you listen to” or “thread central”…with all due respect, of course, to those non-architecturally pertinent threads. 

So,  I see no reason why this thread should be made to stop for two reasons that lack reason and credibility. I see more reason in putting a stop to the racist poison some are spewing above in this thread and have been spewing since the start of this thread, not incidentally, all being hurled from the side of those who want this thread ended.

Unlike others here, I have not posted out of hatred towards any person for their religion, so-called race or ethnicity, gender, etc.  In fact, I have come to find so much admiration in people of the Jewish faith who have been on the forefront of the call to boycott Israel and in defense of Palestine; they put to shame the likes of the putrid Arab potentates/dictatorships who, behind doors and sometimes in front of them, bend over backwards to do Israel’s biddings.  

Israel is a racist apartheid colony that kills,  steals, tortures and  expels a native population. This can no longer be denied. The movement to boycott Israel is gaining traction nearly everywhere. There is no stopping this. Israel of today is different. Not because it is any more good. It has always, since its birth marked by the 1948 massacres of Palestinians, been a rotten state of apartheid, a religious ethnocracy, a racist colonial outpost. There was never a country called Israel. There was and is a violation  of the human right to exist on their homeland without the threat of being killed, tortured and exiled called Israel.  

Israel is different how, however, because its lies are transparent to all but the brainwashed and to those who fundamentally partake of its racism. It can no longer pretend what it never was: that it is democracy and an enlightened state that has the right to exist. The world realizes it and the BDS movement is a rock on a downward slope. If Archinect chooses to ignore that, then this makes Archinect a regressive publication sticking its head in the sand. Moreso, it makes it an unethical one that cannot pretend to cater to a domain that is primarily about the right to exist and to live in one’s home and on one’s land.

Lastly, I leave you with a proof of how pertinent this is to architects.

Oh, and please, boycott Israel. Don't put your money into the murder of another Palestinian.

Dec 16, 14 12:54 am  · 
 · 

Thank you for remaining a real human being tammuz.

Dec 16, 14 2:36 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

Unfortunate. But alright.

I just want everyone to take notice with their own eyes of how this controversial topic receives special (one-sided) treatment no matter where it is discussed, and this thread closure is undoubtedly a testament to the fear mongering certain groups spread through their financial & political power---a microcosm of what happens every day on Capitol Hill & college campuses across the nation.

You've been silenced Tammuz.  Continue discussing other political, social, & cultural issues around the world, but don't you dare lay a hand Israel.  Archinect fears for their reputation (and I don't blame them).

Dec 16, 14 4:10 am  · 
 · 
Dorel

תמוז, אני מניח שאתה איזה חבר בארגון בצלם או משהו בסגנון 

אם כך שלח לי את הכתובת האלקטרונית שלך 

ונראה אם נצליח לדבר פנים אל פנים. 

כמו שני אנשים בוגרים. 

Dec 16, 14 5:24 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Good Riddance.

You've contributed nothing productive past the 4th page.

Dec 16, 14 6:43 am  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Personally, I don't think it matters if the thread continues or not.  Whatever the intent, the reality of the thread became 1).  Tammuz posts very long articles supporting a political viewpoint.  2).  People argue.  3.  Orhan gets mad.

In any case, good luck to you , Tammuz.

Dec 16, 14 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: