Archinect
anchor

Asus Laptops

Hasselhoff

Has anyone else looked at Asus Laptops? They are really nice looking. You can't deny they are a rip off of the Mac Laptops, but they are nice looking. They have one that is really thin and made of silver and black aluminum. Pretty sexy. Fairly cheap too. I've seen cheaper for similar specs, but very nice.

Nov 17, 04 2:02 pm
trace™

they are pretty

I've never seen a review of one, but have heard other people speak highly of them (which most people do when they own a product).

If you get one, let us know how you like it.

Nov 17, 04 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I have a killer desktop (dual Opteron, 2GB RAM, Quadro 1100), but was considering getting a relatively cheap laptop for working when Onikakai (my desktop, yeah I'm a dork) is doing it's render thang. I found Celeron machines for like $750 from Dell, but I don't know if that is worth my time (thinking Photoshop and Illustrator work). The Asus are pretty well priced. That top of the line one (fake powerbook) is really perty.

Nov 17, 04 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

I have the W1000N, which should be the Asus latop you're referring to. The main reason I bought it was actually its design, since I was completely bored with the prevalent "organic" look of most other laptop PCs. Anyway, it works perfectly, runs extremely silent and stable, and I would never be able to go back to a screen which isn't 16:10.

Nov 18, 04 3:23 am  · 
 · 
mnesikles

does anyone know anything about Mayhem notebooks? Like Asus, these are also pretty machines with some hefty capabilities, but are rather unknown still.

Nov 18, 04 11:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: