Archinect
anchor

Sarphatistraat Offices Info

nyitarchachris

Hi fellow Archinecters,

I'm doing a precedent study on Sarphatistraat Offices by Steven Holl, my main issue is the lack of elevations and overall information on this building. This is a facade study so if anyone has any knowledge on the construction, materials and drawings to help inform me on this it would be great!

So far I have done research through El Croquis, Steven Holls Architecture spoken and hoped to have something in the magazine "detail" but no luck.

Once again any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Feb 1, 11 11:33 pm
holz.box

the in detail building skins has detail drawings, i believe...

Feb 2, 11 1:44 am  · 
 · 
nyitarchachris

when i searched through details catalog his museum in herning was the only one that had any hits.

Feb 2, 11 2:00 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

page 90 from the above-mentioned book, under 'pavilion in amsterdam'

Feb 2, 11 10:00 am  · 
 · 
nyitarchachris

my schools library luckily had the book, in it was a great context plan and section! Thanks for finding it! one drawing down...elevations to go.

Feb 2, 11 10:50 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

On the website of Holl's office, there's a PDF from Arch. Record. There's a section drawn in there that might help you out: http://www.stevenholl.com/media/files/Articles/ARCHRECORD.pdf

Feb 2, 11 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
nyitarchachris

wow!thanks for the pdf, great section and also some new information on the project, i was getting sick of reading the same copied information from websites and books. Thanks for everyones help, its really helping a lot. I wish i joined earlier, you guys are so resourceful.

Feb 2, 11 4:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: