Archinect
anchor

Harrison Ford is standing five feet from me...

citizen

...at the Coffee Bean. What should I say or ask?

a) Was Carrie Fisher a good kisser?
b) What were you thinking about with Indiana Jones 4? Seriously.
c) What's it like to be a gazillionaire?

I'm open to other suggestions.

Jan 22, 11 12:25 pm

He was a carpenter before his big break as an actor. Ask him if he still builds things or enjoys working with his hands. Or if he's Jesus?

Jan 22, 11 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Good call, Donna! He looks like he may have been around that long...

Jan 22, 11 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

You can ask him about that star wars holiday special. I bet he would appreciate that :)

Jan 22, 11 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Ouch, Kurt! You know how to hit a guy at his weakest spot!

Jan 22, 11 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

can he show you some tricks with a whip?

Jan 22, 11 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Yikes, TK!

The staff at this place says he doesn't tip. Maybe I should offer him a lesson in decent manners....

Jan 22, 11 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I second the Jesus comment.

Side note: I was acquaintances with a Jewish furniture maker back home in Tennessee. He had a bumper sticker that read "I AM a Jewish carpenter." Being from the Bible Belt, this was hilarious as every other car has a bumper sticker that read: "My boss is a Jewish carpenter."

Jan 22, 11 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

flockhart? really? ew!

Jan 22, 11 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Jan 25, 11 10:34 am  · 
 · 
LB_Architects

Wow. So funny that you're posting this, citizen. I think I was standing right next to you!

I was the guy to the right of you, with only one arm. Harrison was suspicious of me, but I assured him it was an X-acto accident.

Jan 25, 11 10:41 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

famous people i have encountered in no order...

Kurt Russell in OldTown Albuquerque
Michelle Shocked in OldTown Albuquerque
Harry Morgan (Colonel Potter from M*A*S*H) Plaza Diner Santa Fe
Mitch Ryder in a restaurant in Bloomington
Michael Stipe in a restaurant in Bloomington
Peter Buck at a friend's party in Bloomington
Rip Taylor in a restaurant in Bloomington
Steve Buscemi in a coffee shop in Goshen, Indiana (we were wearing the same shoes)
Val Kilmer who bought me an iced tea in Pojaque, New Mexico

Jan 25, 11 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Wow, Vado! Quite a list.

Rip Taylor? That's awesome. The Carrot Top of an earlier generation, but with glitter confetti!

Jan 25, 11 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i know! he was in some travelling show of Peter Pan, playing Captain Hook. He came into the restaurant I worked in each night they were in town with a full length fur coat of course.

Jan 25, 11 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

no particular order

James Taylor at the Marthas Vinyard Agricultural Society, durning the off season. I was there checking out the big barn and he was there with a lady friend poking about like myself. My first thought was damn he is taller than I expected.

George McGovern: In a hotel suite the night he lost the presidental election to Richard Nixon

Sam Waterson: Stood in line behind him at a local movie theater conssession line....he had his History Channel Jacket on

John Cougar Mellencamp: In a strip club in Tucson, Arizona, he was with his cousin.

Peter Galliger: Never met him but talked to him on the phone for about an hour one night, cause he was attempting to contact my first wife about teaching him how to ride horses.
She wasn't home so he was grilling me about the whole horse thing.

Jan 25, 11 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh i know the coug's fiddle player. she smokes camel straights.

Jan 25, 11 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

oh I forgot a couple of others.

Mia Farrow: ran into her at an antique book sale.

Joan Rivers: I had lunch with her in NYC in her apartment. Ya, the one in the movie.

Jan 25, 11 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I want to play!

Jon Stewart: was in front of me in line at a coffee shop.

Carrie Ann Moss: was sitting on a bench, she commented on my dog.

John Leguizamo: walked past him walking his dog which jumped on me he said he was sorry.

Billy Joe Armstrong: Sat next to him at my favorite pizza place.

Barry Zito, Tim Hudson, Mark Mulder, Eric Chavez: they drank at our favorite bar for a summer.

Jan 25, 11 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

I saw Thom Mayne and John Patkau walking away from the building I knew they was supposed to be in, and I was too embarrassed to stop and tell them to turn around and go the other way.

Fourteen years alter I still regret my timidity.

Jan 26, 11 12:35 am  · 
 · 

That would be "were" not was.

Jan 26, 11 12:36 am  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

Donna... According to the Knocked Up Babymaker...

Your lack of timidity would have lead to a baby that looked like this:

Jan 26, 11 1:06 am  · 
 · 
LOOP!

Ford likes to hang out in a little restaurant in Santa Monica I used to frequent. Would sit by himself in the corner and drink Scotch. We always joked that one of us should do the Chewbacca growl at him.

I got to sit next to David Duchovny and his bald agent guy on the red eye between LA and NYC. He seemed pretty friendly. I had just finished watching the first season (or 2nd?) season of Californication. The one where they finish with them going to NYC or something. I wanted to ask him what happens, but kept it to myself.

James Cameron also hangs out a crappy little coffee shop in downtown Santa Monica. Would see him there occasionally over three years.

Nice post Fogey. I got to spend a week in Nashville a few years ago and really liked it. Food was great, music was great. Also found "The Parthenon" hilarious. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Jan 26, 11 5:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: