Archinect
anchor

superbowl: who will win?

nypencil

I'd say bears.

Cutler and his OL peak at the right time. Plus the unstoppable defense. I predict they will crush GB, then beat jets in Feb.

Jan 19, 11 2:37 pm
On the fence

Da Bears, but ask me again after Sunday.

This game will be won by 3-7 points with low scores. Probably 14-10 or the like.

Jan 19, 11 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i like your cajones nypencil

As the bears are tied for 1st place on my list of favorite things, i have to pick them, though i pick them with very low confidence points.

My guess is that SOMEONE from the packers will mess up big time, Starkes will fumble, Jones will fumble, Jennings will fumble... something like that will lead directly to a bears victory, just like week 3. Remarkable that in a game likely to be decided by who makes the biggest mistake, im NOT picking Cutler to make it.

Bears Steelers Superbowl

Bears 24 - Steelers 7

Jan 19, 11 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

if the bears make it, the real winner will be the resurrection of the superbowl shuffle...

Jan 19, 11 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

jets 17
packers 13

Jan 19, 11 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

Arsenal!

Jan 19, 11 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
blah

BEARS!

Jan 19, 11 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
creativity expert

Mike Ditka's hair and mustache vs Greenbay 105 to 0, no contest.

Jan 19, 11 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6934349/18023562
Jan 20, 11 4:55 am  · 
 · 
beekay31

I think it will be a close NFC championship, close enough to go either way. The field conditions are a wildcard. That said, Green Bay is 13-4 at Soldier Field since 1994. Forget home field advantage. Recent history? GB committed a franchise record 18 penalties week 3, including 2 that overturned 2 Cutler INTs, and only lost by 3 points due to a Peppers blocked field goal. Cutler threw for 168 and 2 picks against them Week 17. I'm going with the Packers.

Jan 20, 11 5:03 am  · 
 · 
dml955i

Jay Cutler as a Super Bowl QB is almost as laughable as Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl...

Steelers vs. Packers with the Steelers earning their seventh (!) ring

Jan 20, 11 9:42 am  · 
 · 
cmrhm

Soldier field is one of the loudest stadium. I think A. roger will lost communication with his body.

Don't trash cutler. He might minimize his mistake on that day.

I will go bears.

Jan 20, 11 9:59 am  · 
 · 
On the fence

Beeky,

Recent history???? 1994??? Crazy look at it.

How about last 2-3 years with new QB in green bay. Otherwise you might as well look back to 1985 or 1975 or 1965.

Recent History. pfft. I'll look at QB vs. QB history or head coach vs. head coach. Going back to 1994 is pipe dream mentality.

Jan 20, 11 11:09 am  · 
 · 
CMNDCTRL

um, the only quarterback with a superbowl ring, the BEST defense, and mike wallace!

STEELERS!

Jan 20, 11 11:35 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

ill admit the steelers have a fantastic Defense... their offense doesnt scare me at all though especially against a team that can play as good a cover 2 as the bears. They just do not give up big plays, and the steelers dont have the big guns to blow them out... Steelers Bears would be my ideal superbowl and i think it would be a great game.

Speaking of defenses... again, defense wins championships is proven... best defenses by points per game...
1. Steelers
2. Packers
4. Bears
6. Jets

no coincidence at all that 3 of the top 5 defenses are left... and the worst defense statistically speaking is still in the top 1/5th of the league...

Jan 20, 11 11:50 am  · 
 · 
nypencil

Wow. We have so many bears' fan. Bravo!

GB James starks will be smashed. Our #2 run defense will make it one dimensional. There is possibility roger will be paniced without RB make a play.

If we don't give up big play, bears will win, just like the first match last year.

Jan 20, 11 11:53 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i would love to see a bears/steelers superbowl. i don't think the outcome would be in the bears' favor, however. the great thing about the playoffs this year is that the games are being played in cold shitty weather which is the way it should be.

Jan 20, 11 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
are you Swick?

Go PACK

Jan 20, 11 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

Ok, On the fence, I'll play your game. GB is 1-2 in Soldier Field since Rodgers became the QB. That includes his 1st year ever as a starter. And both losses occured in overtime. Like I said, forget about home field advantage. Rodgers is also 4-2 as a starter against CHI. GB has been one-dimensional all year. If Starks even draws attention, that's plenty for GB. On the other hand, isn't Harris injured? If so, CHI might really struggle against the 4 & 5 WR sets.

Soldier Field is certainly no louder than Atlanta's dome last weekend. It sounded like they were piping in another cheering section.

The cold and the lousy turf will probably play a big role to limit offenses and further equalize the teams. Otherwise I wouldn't have a problem picking GB. As I said, I think it will be close.

Jan 22, 11 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
Milwaukee08

Well, I'm torn. Yes, I'm from Wisconsin, and I grew up about 30 min from Green Bay (was just there this afternoon, actually), so in general when it comes down to rooting for a Wisconsin team compared to an Illinois team, I tend to hope the former wins. However, as I stated earlier I did live near Green Bay, and the disappointing fact is that Green Bay (as a city) really doesn't seem to have much going for it besides the Packers, which means that you hear about them constantly. The local news has some kind of Packers news story 365 days a year, even in the off season. If Aaron Rodgers gets a haircut next month, that'll be on the local evening news.

So, out of sheer annoyance, I'm inclined to hope the Bears win.

But, I'll be happy to say "Chicago sucks" when the Cubs come to Miller Park this spring.

And yes, from the clips I saw of the last game, I can indeed agree that the turf at Soldier Field does appear to suck. I mean, why would you be cheap with the one part of the stadium that you know is going to be on camera for 3 hours every week. If you're gonna be cheap, have a dirt parking lot, or something that really no one will ever see, right?

Jan 22, 11 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
2step

This is a tuff call. Im going with the Packers but it could go either way. If the good Bears show up, if the Pack cant protect Rodgers, if Cutler has a 4 pick game, there's no easy call between these two teams whom show games of brilliance and games of utter embarrassment. Regarding the turf, it is the middle of January in Chicago, isn't grass dead in January? I think the season has been extended a little too long frankly. Same with baseball, the playoffs were September, the World Series October. It didn't snow flurry for World Series games when I was a kid.

Jan 22, 11 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

The jets for AFC
The Bears for NFC

The jets win it all with a game winning field goal.

Jan 23, 11 11:18 am  · 
 · 
bRink

Da bears

Jan 23, 11 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

bears were exposed today. next will be green bay.

go steelers!

Jan 23, 11 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
outed

Nice pick olaf -

Steelers lead late but lose by 4 at the end.

Jan 23, 11 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

the steelers will break rodgers into three easy pieces.

Jan 23, 11 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
CMNDCTRL

still steelers...

Jan 24, 11 9:28 am  · 
 · 
beekay31

Anyone predicting a Steeler blowout should at least take a look at the highlights from last year's game in Pittsburgh when it took the perfect miracle pitch and catch to beat Green Bay. Awesome game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0vHa0lfK8

Jan 24, 11 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
CMNDCTRL

i never said blowout...they're that kind of team though, they just find a way to win. it's not always pretty, but that's why they're so fun to watch...

Jan 24, 11 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

last year's game means about as much as a flea on a donkey's balls.

Jan 24, 11 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

I know, I just see the predictions coming. I'm off to check PIT's record on turf.

Jan 24, 11 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

PIT's only game in a dome this year they lost 20-10 to a New Orleans team eerily similar to Green Bay. In other words, wide open WR sets/ marginal running game/ opportunistic defense. Just saying.

Jan 24, 11 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

here's a stat; in the superbowl, the steelers are 6-1.

Jan 24, 11 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

And Christina Aguilera is singing the national anthem. What a downer.

Jan 24, 11 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

That's pretty good, b3tadine. When they get 6 more, come talk to me!

"Since the league implemented a playoff system in 1933, the year the Pittsburgh Steelers (Pirates) were formed, the Packers have played in the NFL's deciding game 12 times (10 NFL title appearances from 1936-67, 2 Super Bowls after the 1970 merger). Only the Giants (18) have played for more titles."

http://www.packers.com/history/super-bowls-and-championships.html

Jan 24, 11 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

Everything I say opposite. And steelers almost did lose after a 24 point lead.

So steelers will win superbowl.

If I was a bears fan I would never want to see Cutler again, the guy just quit. Go caleb hanie!

Jan 24, 11 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

I am looking forward to fegie at half time, maybe she will have a janet jackson episode...

Ok not really with fergie, you see her cherry dr pepper commercial, what the hell is she wearing? Batwoman?

Jan 24, 11 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

I'm a Packer fan and have a hard time throwing compliments the Chicago team's way, but they really did a job frustrating GB's O this year. Plus I wanted to applaud them for booing the hell out of DeWyze at halftime. How that fluff keeps getting booked for football games I'll never understand. Too bad the SB crowd is so milquetoast there's no chance of that happening to Aguilera/Fergie.

Jan 24, 11 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i know, i know, the packers have won more championships than anyone, but that and a nickel wont get you a bagel from a street vendor.

steelers 31 packers 17

Jan 25, 11 12:12 am  · 
 · 
beekay31

True. But the two Super Bowls PIT has played since GB last played two SBs and a quarter will get me 7 minutes on a downtown parking meter.

In the last 15 yrs. of the free agency era, PIT is 2-1 in the SB and GB is 1-1. Oh my! If GB wins XLV, they actually result in a better win percentage.

Hey, you started it.

Jan 25, 11 3:35 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

meh. all i looking at is how many body bags the nfl will need to bring.

45 21 pitt

Jan 25, 11 5:43 am  · 
 · 
beekay31

You're right. PIT's defense IS getting pretty old....

Jan 25, 11 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

55 - 18 Lucky Seventh For Pitt!

Jan 25, 11 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

Lucky 13 for GB! haha

Jan 25, 11 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

63 - 7 Pitt

Jan 26, 11 1:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: