Archinect
anchor

cd printers.....

binary

Has anyone had any good luck with an inkjet printer that prints on cd's. I'm looking to get a setup for doing cd's for clients/applications/etc and wanted a decent professional look. I checked out the thermal and lightscribe printers, but not really affordable and reviews are not that great.

Dec 31, 10 2:11 am
druf

We use these stick on labels that you run thru an ink jet printer. I think we buy them at Staples or Office Depot. They come on 8.5 X 11 sheets, 2 CD stickers per sheet. There is a software you download and it will let you put background images and text on it. It actually looks pretty decent (not as good as if you bought a labeled CD, but better than writing on it in Sharpie). You just want to make sure and let the label dry a little while before touching it, or it smudges.

Dec 31, 10 11:43 am  · 
 · 
nonneutral

Another option might be a lightscribe CD-RW drive. They only print on the CD in black & white, but they cost about $30 on Newegg.

Dec 31, 10 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i was looking at the light scribe ones, but it mentioned that you had to have special disks and sometimes it would screw up the data on the cd. i think I'm just going to buy an epson printer with the cd option and go from there.

Dec 31, 10 2:36 pm  · 
1  · 
binary

i just picked up a lightscribe setup so will see how that turns out

Dec 31, 10 5:18 pm  · 
1  · 
JonathanLivingston

Construction document printers tend to be large format. I can't imagin printing a CD set with one of those light scribe things. That will take forever and surely be quickly damaged on a job site. Contractor be like: 

Apr 9, 18 1:04 pm  · 
1  · 
sameolddoctor

Huh

Apr 9, 18 5:43 pm  · 
1  · 

In 20 years, hipsters will kill for this collection during the resurgence of CDs.

Apr 9, 18 5:59 pm  · 
2  · 
N.TW

stencil

spray paint

Apr 9, 18 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

what are CDs? 

Apr 2, 21 10:36 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Construction Documents. Duh.

Apr 2, 21 11:55 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: