Archinect
anchor

why a login name *and* a username

RValu100

It doesn't make sense. Why can't my login name just be my screen name?

Dec 30, 10 5:15 pm

its a feature, allows for changing identity...

Dec 30, 10 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

exactly.

Jan 5, 11 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

I actually think separate login and user names are a good thing that I wish more websites would implement as it adds an extra layer of security. It's also nice to not have to start a whole new account if you want to change your user name.

Jan 6, 11 11:26 am  · 
 · 

The next version of Archinect requires that you use your email address and password to login. The username/screenname thing has confused a lot of people.

The name that is displayed next to your posts/comments will be either your screen name (as it is currently) or your real name, which will be attached to your profile (resume, portfolio, etc.). You will be able to choose.

For example, if you're looking for a job, or promoting yourself, with a portfolio and profile, but you want to remain anonymous in the discussion forum, that will be possible. Or you can use your real name in the discussion forum, which will grant you access to more serious discussions.

Jan 6, 11 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

The new version of Archinect reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever. 10+ years and counting, but any day now...

Jan 6, 11 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

my new user name is going to be Archinect Paul

Jan 7, 11 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
creativity expert

anonymity is on the list of endangered things. by the time my 1 year old is my age well its going to be a scary future folks lets just put it that way.

Jan 8, 11 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

"Or you can use your real name in the discussion forum, which will grant you access to more serious discussions"

Can you elaborate on that one Paul? Personally, I won't ever use my real name in any forum discussion (don't want clients coming across something, etc.).
I'd hate to think I would not be able to contribute.

Thanks

Jan 8, 11 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

trace, you will be required to use both your myspace and facebook accounts in order to post. Also, all your posts will be published to twitter.

If you don't like it, move to ummm.... I guess there is no respect for anonymity left anywhere.

Jan 8, 11 5:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: