Archinect
anchor

Visualization Companies?

Seiji331

Hello all,

As I'm on my hunt for summer internship/employment opportunities, I decided that along with architectural firms I would be interested in working for companies that specialize in visualization, branding etc since i have a pretty strong background in 3D visualization/graphic design.

The cities in which I can potentially work in during the summer are NYC, Miami, and DC.

The only companies of this sort that I know of are D-Box in NYC and Spine3D in Miami. I was wondering if anyone else knew of these types of companies/where I could look around and search for to find them.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays :)

Seiji

Dec 28, 10 3:30 pm
zen maker

Its really hard for 3D visualization firms these days, I have a few friends who used to work in NYC as 3D Artists and they say, many companies reduced work force by 70-90% and many of them just closed completely.

If they are going to hire somebody than its probably going to be just a senior level freelance 3D Artist who needs no direction, who can work for as cheap as intern and who can stay away 24/7. Its even tougher to find employment in this sector than architecture.

Also, NYC living expenses are way overpriced, unless you know somebody here that you can stay for free, I don't think you can afford an internship in this crazy city.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Dec 28, 10 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
Seiji331

I live in ny suburbs, living expenses are not a problem.

Oh well.. I figure its good to keep my options open, as its an extra open door than just looking at one type of employment.

So back to the original question, are there any firms that people know of off the top of their head?

Dec 28, 10 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
greyvsgray

brooklyn digital foundry :)

Dec 28, 10 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
Seiji331

thanks grey or gray? :P

looks like they have openings for interns so I will be applying there for sure!

Dec 28, 10 11:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: