Archinect
anchor

Columbia - uploading transcripts?!??

So I have two sets of transcripts one is 4 pages, one is 3, I cannot get either to be under 600 KB in a combined pdf (and not be an illegible tiny thumbnail)
Any tricks?
Please help, trying to fill out the app.
Thanks!

Dec 13, 10 10:41 pm
arketkt

Try scanning at 200dpi, open in photoshop and reduce image size by 50% or so (depending on how big the scan is), when you save as pdf go into compression settings and set it to as minimum as possible so that it is still readable (play around with the settings and make sure not to save over the original). If you have adobe acrobat pro, open the files in that and select "document" then "reduce file size..." that's what I did and it brought some pages down to as low as 40kb.

Dec 13, 10 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Are you using windows or os X? I can help with the latter.

600k size limit seems like a test in torture. Who is hosting columbia's ftp? Craigslist? gah

Dec 14, 10 2:54 am  · 
 · 
doomexifizer

I know! Egh.
A friend helped me get it down to the size.....the images like like poo. But whatever, at least it's done.
Thanks for your help anyway, arketkt.

Dec 14, 10 9:10 am  · 
 · 
tuna

with the resolution that poor, the trick is to edit your grades to make you summa cum laude.

Dec 18, 10 3:53 am  · 
 · 
Jumperman18

This is funny. Columbia just emailed me and asked for higher res transcript pages, faulting the limited upload size of their application software.

Dec 21, 10 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
doomexifizer

that's a good sign...

Dec 21, 10 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: