Archinect
anchor

how to sell architectural book set (31 books - 1907 to 1930)

swayzeemandoo

Does anyone know how/ where we can sell our 31 book architectural book set? They are in good condition. Some are "American Architect", some are "Architecture", some are "The Brickbuilder", "School Board Journal", "Pencil Points 1924 #1", "Architectural Record".

Dec 2, 10 9:26 pm
outed

you can see if william stout books in san fran will take them. my guess is there isn't much of a market. best bet could be half.com (not ebay proper). you could also try listing them on alibris.com.

Dec 3, 10 11:28 am  · 
 · 
olaf design ninja

Get a used book store saler who lists books on abesbooks.com. I have many rare architectural publkications there, like 900 dollar cpies of hejduks medusa, etc...

Dec 6, 10 8:10 am  · 
 · 
Joe Soda

They sound like periodicals, and not books. Very hard to sell as the contents have to be listed. In any event, unless they contain specific and long articles on individual architects they are not worth much.

Dec 8, 10 7:06 am  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I have a few Pencil Points....from the same period. They are one of my favorite Architectual Finds. They are actually bound in cloth hardbound covers.

You might want to list them on the archinect for sale site. Someone might see something they are interested in.

Dec 8, 10 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

You might also want to check to see if any of the books are first editions. As they always command more money....if they have
the signature of a famous architect on the inside this also gives them additonal value. So do your homework before you toss them to the curb.

Dec 8, 10 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I once owned one of the first 100 Beatles White Albums. I sold it when I was in school. The shop owner was very exited to take it off my hands...and I was very happy to be able to pay for another semester of school.

Dec 8, 10 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: