Archinect
anchor

restaurants in MSP

wrecking ball

i'm taking a trip to minneapolis over thanksgiving. staying downtown but able to venture into some neighborhoods as well. i was wondering if any MSP natives/residents had restaurant suggestions? i'm looking for non-american fare, hole in the wall type places. thanks!

Nov 23, 10 7:12 pm

Punch Pizza in St. Paul serves some of the best pizza I've had. Authentic Neapolitan.

Nov 23, 10 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

chino latino
birchwood cafe
gandhi mahal
brassa
plenty of tai places
blue nile for ethiopian
peninsula

i'll get you more later - Nick Cave and Grinderman are calling.

Nov 23, 10 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
lmnop15

Step one:
Locate Nicollet Ave S easily accessible by bus or foot or car if you're staying downtown
Step Two:
ride/walk south
Step Three: Select from german, thai, chinese, mexican, caribbean(OHMYGODHarry Singh's Original Caribbean Restaurant yelp it now), etc
Step Four: Eat till you can't move
If you want a fully enclosed experience check out Midtown Global Market there's a TON of food vendors inside from a Scandinavian bakery to North African food.

But seriously - if you want hole in the wall non-american head down Nicollet ave south of downtown (most places are south of franklin ave) and you'll find what you're looking for. If you get lost just ask someone where "eat street" is and they'll direct you because minnesotans are nice like that.

Nov 23, 10 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
msudon

ditto Blue Nile, Holy Land Deli in Northeast

also in the event you do want awesome american casual fare/lunch/bfast/brunch I highly recommend the Bad Waitress on Nicollet. it's a creative modern diner decorated in comic books that has really good local/organic food. good coffee, wifi and happy hour too!

also coastal cities (I am now in the Bay Area) don't have ANY thing like it-it's a real Minnesotan treat and I miss the hell out it.

Nov 24, 10 10:42 am  · 
 · 

there is also good vietnamese/Hmong food along 'eat street' aka nicollet ave.

don't forget the lutefisk...

enjoy your stay in the minneapple.

Nov 24, 10 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
wrecking ball

thanks for the suggestions! went to Punch and it was fantastic. really wanted to go to blue nile and bad waitress but never made it there. ended the trip with a jucy lucy from matt's bar - awesome. GREAT city, can't wait to go back.

Nov 29, 10 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
beekay31

Eh... not that great or I never would have moved. Wait until after winter to go back. I second Chino Latino in Uptown. There's a greek spot south of downtown... blanking on the name.

Dec 1, 10 2:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: