Archinect
anchor

Sketching plug-in/add on

zip-zip

I have been looking for a program that converts a vector autoCAD dwg (2005) into a freehand sketch drawing for client presentations. The freehand look is to applied to 2D and 3D dwgs.

I have looked into Penguin, Sketch-Up and Squiggle, and am looking for other options. Anyone run into any other good programs?

Nov 12, 04 3:00 pm
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

Adobe made a standalone product that I have still have on my computer (which I am not on now) that does what you are describing.
I can't remember the name until I get back on my computer tonight. They don't make it anymore but it comes in handy from time to time.

Nov 12, 04 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
sterling hall

i was looking for squiggle for cad - do they make that ? i used it in power cad

Nov 12, 04 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha
squiggle 5
Nov 12, 04 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
construct

by your own hand? seems a bit rough, i know....but there is just something about that REAL stuff. drawing classes are fairly vheap, so is a sketchbook...

Nov 13, 04 12:50 am  · 
 · 
zip-zip

PimpMinisterPete - Did you ever recall the Adobe Program for the freehand look?

Alpha - I checked out squiggle as well, but they don't have a working app for autoCAD 2005.

I know ADT has a command called Napkin (for napkin sketches), but they don't have similar command for autoCAD. I also found a program called "wizzle" which has a so-so freehand plug-in, but comes with a bunch of other stuff i don't need.

I want this primarily for a quick 2D conversions. The 3d conversion is optional, and always a plus.

Nov 23, 04 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: