Distant Unicorn

Nov 3, 10 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

so many erect shafts, so little time.

Nov 3, 10 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

i think the catholic church forgot these things were heavily based on sex and violence (though not completely). then again maybe not. zing!

i do find it funny that these classical and neoclassical elements show up on things like baptist churches and childrens museums when they have a completely different philosophical idea behind them. thats just me being picky and bored though.

Nov 3, 10 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
greyvsgray

I disagree, its a very good column, but I think tuscan order is the best column ever

Nov 3, 10 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
TheMasterBuilder

'i think the catholic church forgot these things were heavily based on sex and violence (though not completely). then again maybe not. zing!'

I thought the whole assembly was based off of the Greeks original wooden temples, which, having been burned down, inspired them to use stone as a material. I always thought that was the real reason why columns were fluted, and why they tapered towards the top. And why triglyphs look like the end of a cut beam.

But of course, since men designed and built these things, it always comes down to some sort of male inadequacy.

Nov 6, 10 12:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: