Archinect
anchor

globe pendant lights with an 18'-20' drop length?

tagalong

I'm trying to find a simple white globe light fixture that has an attainable hanging length of 18'-20' and is roughly 18"-24" in diameter...

The longest drop length I've come across is 10', but I know I've seen pendants with a longer chord than that...does anyone know of a particular fixture or manufacturer that might fit the bill?

Thanks...

Oct 28, 10 4:50 pm
mdler

you could always buy a fixture yo like and replace the cord...dont tell the UL

Oct 28, 10 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
tagalong

I'd love to but it's for a university client so someone is bound to check up on it...

Oct 28, 10 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Hire an electrician, duh.

If you're already spending between $300-$15000 for a lamp, what's another $150?

Oct 28, 10 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Its a light... there are two wires; one black, one white. White to white, black to black...because it is AC, you could even do black to white and white to black and it would be fine. I have found that universities have pretty bad facility maitence programs, so you probably dont have much to worry about

Oct 29, 10 12:14 am  · 
 · 
mdler

Also, if you are going to use multiple fixtures, you could probably have the manufacturer supply you with a longer cord

Oct 29, 10 12:14 am  · 
 · 
creativity expert

where is this project? i hope its not located in california.

Oct 29, 10 1:08 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

20'?
this comes to mind if there's much air movement (or as DQ points out above...)

Oct 29, 10 10:51 am  · 
 · 

Tagalong, the answer you are looking for is to use a longer cord, regardless of who your client is. There is no off the shelf 20' hanging light.

Oct 29, 10 11:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: