Archinect
anchor

Graduate Degrees

andaluz

Hello,

First timer here lookin for some wisdom. I have a BS in Arch Studies and after my experience in architectural which i greatly enjoyed and a little bit of work experience I have realized that I want to shift my focus for grad school and my career.

I became really interested in the Environmental aspect of what I was studying... but don't really know where I could take that interest and what types of degrees I should be investigating.

I think something like Environmental Science, Maybe an MBA or Law Degree and then trying to work with a company that is involved with the Green Industry... I dont know.

Obviously I am pretty new at this stuff, but I think a career heading down the lines of the expanding market for sustainability will be what I want to focus on, I just have limited exposure to what types of possibilities are out there.

If you all were trying explore a career in the "environmental (sustainable)" sector, what degrees and career paths would you be looking at?

Thanks friends.

Oct 20, 10 9:51 pm
dblock

If I were to have a professional reset button to head into environmental/ sustainability I would look at engineering. What do you like about it? The science aspect, legal aspects, financial aspects, design?... without knowing your interests its hard to point you in a direction. Or is your reasoning only profit driven due to the promise of emerging markets?
If you like the systems/technology, then engineering although it is hard to go into without an engineering undergrad.

Oct 21, 10 8:01 am  · 
 · 
andaluz

I think the appeal is being a part of an emerging market, a market that is untapped and innovative and growing. The science and financial aspects are appeal... I wouldnt want to approach it from an engineering standpoint.

Oct 21, 10 8:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: