Archinect
anchor

Places to see in Vermont?

cakeyp

I'm headed to Vermont with a friend at the end of October as a post-graduation gift. I've been looking for things to do and architecture to see, but I'm starting to run short on ideas!
Does anyone have any suggestions?
We've got a full week to explore. Staying in Stowe, and planning one day trip to Burlington. We figure while we're up there, we'll also take a trek to Kahn's Exeter library, so anything to see in New Hampshire would be helpful too.

Oct 4, 10 3:52 pm
toasteroven

I'd highly recommend checking out bread and puppet over in glover - although check their schedule or else you'll be hanging out with their goats.

it's an honest-to-goodness hippy commune - and their theater/barn is a seriously awesome piece of folk art/architecture (especially inside).

there's also a diner in town that has excellent pancakes.

Oct 4, 10 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Shelburn Farm just south of Burlington. Check out the Barns!

The Zimmerman House in Manchester New Hampshire is a winner so I have been told.

Oct 4, 10 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

zimmerman house is another Wright house open to the public.

Oct 4, 10 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
oe

Im from vermont and if youre not into barns I couldnt even tell you. Good season, theres a bunch of stuff in NH, but if youre in vt go check out smugglers notch or do some hiking. Check out the quarries! All the best stuff is outside.

Oct 4, 10 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
blah

Hemmings Motor News has an old fashioned service station in Bennington and Frost is buried in the grave yard of the old church. There's goos Sol Lewitt show in North Adams which is just cross the border...

Oct 4, 10 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
pigeon

Richardson library at UVM. also a trip to Montreal is only about an hour from Burlington (two from Stowe). could be worth it for a day/night.

Oct 5, 10 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
AtelierTabulaRasa
American Flatbread

(Burlington)

Church St. Marketplace (Burlington)

Crow Bookshop (Burlington)

Junktiques (Burlington)

Nectar's (Burlington)

Stone Soup (Burlington)

Three Needs (Burlington)

Vermont Pub + Brewery (Burlington)

Higher Ground (South Burlington)

The Matterhorn (Stowe)

Smuggler's Notch State Park (Stowe)

The Alchemist Pub + Brewery (Waterbury)

Ben + Jerry's (Waterbury)

Oct 6, 10 1:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: