Archinect
anchor

Travel to Boston

"The Co-op Guy"

Hey all, I'm going to Boston for the first time in October. Have a short list of places to visit, including the ICA as well as Harvard and MIT.

If anyone has some suggestions of places that are a must visit, I would love to hear them!

Sep 24, 10 12:52 pm
207moak

row house neighborhoods in the South End

Back Bay Station, Trinity Church, Boston Public Library are all close to one another

City Hall

Sep 24, 10 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Walk up Mass ave from MIT to Harvard (or the other way around).

I would walk down Charles st in Beacon Hill too.

Walk from Fenway up Boylston st. to Newbury, through the Back Bay, stop by Copley Square, continue through the Public Gardens to the Common, turn left on Tremont, walk up to Government Center, go by city hall to Quincy Market to the Greenway, turn left, walk up to Hanover street in the North End, turn right and walk up Hanover.

It takes about 2 hours to complete...I call it my "Quick and Dirty tour of Boston". I took everybody who came to visit me on it. Granted I lived next to Fenway so it was easy.

Sep 24, 10 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

aquino....next to the baseball park or the Fens community gardens?

Sep 24, 10 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I used to live at 31 Park Drive...so i guess right next to the Fens and 2 blocks from the pahk.

Sep 24, 10 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
jplourde

JP

hahhahahahahahahhaa

Sep 24, 10 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
Paradox

About the Trinity Church..if you want to see inside of the church you have to pay like 15$.Don't do that! There is nothing to see inside.

You should join in one of the Duck Tours but the tour guide makes you quack like a duck.

Sep 24, 10 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

outdoorsy places:

Arnold Arboretum, forest hills cemetery, and allandale farm (you'll have to take a bus to the last one - the first two are accessible by T)...

and if you have a day to kill and are in boston the first couple weeks in october, go to long wharf and get a ticket to go to the harbor islands - george's island is pretty awesome, but my favorite is lovell's - if you go during low tide you can play in the tide pools...

plus the view of the city from the boat is pretty amazing. i think tickets are relatively affordable ($15 I think for round trip).

Sep 24, 10 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

aquino. I used to live across the street from Victory Gardens in the Fens. Just across the alley between two buildings and I was at the gate to Fenway Park. damn I miss those days...young, broke, and filled with hope.....today no longer close to Victory Gardens, or the Park and still broke....and burdened with alot less hope.

Sep 24, 10 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

same here...shorter of breath, one day closer to death...I miss Boston

Sep 24, 10 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: