Archinect
anchor

Architect vs. ArchRecord

RealLifeLEED

I'm sure all of you (AIA members at least) have gotten word that the AIA is switching from ArchRecord to Architect as the free subscription for members.

I'm curious about this forum's thoughts on that. I've always enjoyed Robert Ivy's editorials but think that Architect does a much better job of publishing 'non-pretty picture' articles. I welcome the change, but will miss ArchRecord all the same. Anyone renewing on their own dime?

Sep 23, 10 3:21 pm
aquapura

Given the IMO extremely sloppy reporting by ArchRecord mention over here I'm not really crying tears that I'll lose my monthly issue.

I think most of the articles in Record are just filler and fluff that has little use to me as an Architect. Not that Architect is any better, but I don't like the complacency that Record has from being an AIA "freebie" all these years. I mean honestly, whomever wrote that employment article seems very detached from the reality of our field right now.

Sep 23, 10 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

That linked article's glaring problem aside(5.9%?! look out the window), I've consistently enjoyed Architect far more than I have Record over the last two years. Architect seems to have a better handle on the profession and what matters to us.

Sep 23, 10 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
jplourde

My response is a resounding 'Meh'.

Both of those publications are boring.

If you really want to learn something then subscrible to DETAIL or a+u or similar.

Sep 23, 10 3:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: