Archinect
anchor

good exploration quotes to share!

vyan

does anyone know any good quotes that concerns with the words or concept of "exploration" and "wisdom"?

for example, something along the lines of this -

“In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration.”

-Ansel Adams

anybody know any better ones or something similar?

Sep 17, 10 2:41 am
BabbleBeautiful

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.” - T.S. Eliot

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sep 17, 10 10:06 am  · 
 · 
sanguebom

“I have come one step away from everything, and here I stay, far from everything, one step away.” – Antonio Porchia

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” – George Moore

Sep 17, 10 10:48 am  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information."
Eliot, T. S.

Sep 17, 10 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
achensch

"well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer"

J. Morrison

Sep 18, 10 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

'climb ev'ry mountain....' oh, nevermind.

Sep 18, 10 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
headyshreddy

As Moran told one reporter, "I place no value upon literal transcripts from Nature. Topography in Art is valueless." "American Painters," The Art Journal n.s. 5, no. 50 (February 1879): 43.

Sep 21, 10 12:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: