Archinect
anchor

CD dividers

gibbost

Looking for clever ideas for CD dividers - compact discs not construction drawings :)

I've browsed the internet looking for something nice, but all I can find is plastic garbage with stick-on lettering. I'm looking either for some well-designed product or some good ideas on a crafty design that I could tackle on my own. I have filtered my collection (about 1500 cds) into your basic music categories, much like a record store--ie. blues, jazz, pop, rap, chill, etc. I need something that will be functional and not too clumsy. I store the cd's vertically on shelves that are only slightly taller than the cases themselves. I am thinking something that simply slides between each section and has the lettering on a vertical tab. I thought that if each divider was double sided--the same category title on each side of the tab--then you would need two dividers for each section. This would mean that there would be two dividers right next to each other, one side would read 'blues' and the other side (of the other divider) would read 'jazz'. This would allow me to easily determine the cd's that fall within each category--like book ends. Does that make sense?

Okay all you crafty designers, lets here it . . .

Sep 16, 10 2:18 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: