Archinect
anchor

lar/fr aka the incredible world of

bigness

ok, hear me out.

say someone was called for an iterview at lar/fr, and say that same someone was also pretty excited about it, judjing from the work seen online and also about the prospect of moving to NY.

But that same someone had already been disappointed by an office that promised and didn't perform. And that someone only found out once he had moved half-way across the world. So apologies for using archinect as a personal tool but you know...

So is there anyone that can give first or second hand account of the practice? I have already heard a few stories about architects being offered interships. that's bad. but I would like to hear more.

(If you don't want to speak publicly drop me a line at [email protected]

cheery-o!

Sep 9, 10 2:55 pm
Appleseed

Fernando throws tantrums and doesn't know how to use a fountain pen.

Your results in the NY office may vary. Is this in the new building his father in law just bought for him?

Sep 9, 10 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

wo-ho-ho!
I am starting to wonder if there is actually ANYONE in the architectural world who is "known" and is not an asshole.

anyway...could you care to articulate a bit more? please, it's a bit of a joke I know, but it is also a waste of someone's money and time (that someone being the same someone in the original post)

Sep 9, 10 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Can't really elaborate much more, as I haven't personally worked with the guy. These are mostly anecdotes told by someone who was contracting for him. Not real tight with CA work either, as he would show up on site and have the construction workers demo and rebuild left and right. LAR fishes for unpaid interns on Archinect, so take that for what you will. I dunno what they are asking of you, or you are expecting; everything I know on and off-line about FR reads like a spoiled child playing with other peoples time and money.

Sep 9, 10 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

Cool. Kmowing the source puts a lot into perspective.
Last thing: who's his father in law?

Thanks, by the way

Sep 9, 10 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Distant Unicorn

Not to be incredibly ethnocentric-- bordering on racist-- but the dude is criollo (white mexican).

I have never met or heard of a friendly one.

Sep 9, 10 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

unicorn: you just were (ethnocentric and borderline racist ). but i will file that info anyway :)

Sep 9, 10 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Who's his father in law?

Fucking CARLOS SLIM.

All kinds of shady.

Sep 9, 10 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

"Carlos Slim Helú (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkarlos eˈslim eˈlu], known simply as Carlos Slim (born January 28, 1940), is a Mexican businessman and the chairman and CEO of Telmex, Telcel and América Móvil [3]. As of April 2010, he is the wealthiest person in the world with a net worth of around US$60.6 billion.[4][5] His sons Carlos, Marco Antonio and Patrick Slim Domit run the day-to-day operations of Telmex, Telcel, and América Móvil."

from wikipedia.

this guy?!

fuck.

Sep 9, 10 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Yah.

Sep 9, 10 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: