over where?

Oct 11, 05 12:39 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

I love Ghostbusters II.

Oct 11, 05 12:48 am  · 
 · 
AP

initials: Aaron Plewke, formerly aaronUF, but I graduated and felt it inappropriate to keep the tag.

from 2001 until I started the blog in '04, I would read often, but rarely post, always making up a new name, typically a nintendo video game character or somethin'...toadstool, icarus, gyromite...

Oct 11, 05 12:59 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

a changeable or fickle person

that was me once, but now.. i think i have changed. er..maybe not..

Oct 11, 05 1:36 am  · 
 · 
manamana
Pretty obvious

also if you know the history of the song and character, it's slightly more funny.

Oct 11, 05 3:27 am  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

i had been groomed to be corporate.... i don't know if it worked anymore.

Oct 11, 05 9:19 am  · 
 · 
Crumpets

Ghostbusters II??? Oh god....

My girlfriend wants a dog named Crumpets. I told her that I was a good substitute especially since I'm potty trained.

Oct 11, 05 11:16 am  · 
 · 
mean prank riverbank

i can't stand ghostbusters II, but in the first one Ivo Shandor was the architect of the building that becomes the antenna for paranormal activity.

there is also a band by the same name with which i am not affiliated. it was a nickname given to me by a young kid - who is now my brother in law - who knew of my obsession(s), but my name starts with an E.

(what can you do when you were 8 when the movie came out and knew then?)

Oct 11, 05 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
fordified

Mine's a fairly uncreative use of my last name from IM circa 1999.

I definitely get Crazy Name Envy on this site.... I give props to smokety Mc smoke smoke

Oct 11, 05 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
plastic_soldier

not only forms, but food. anyone need a 5 course designed?

Oct 11, 05 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood
driftwood

driftwood

driftwood
Oct 11, 05 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

[/img]http://www.zoolander.com/flash_site/images/stills1_01_14.jpg[/img]

Oct 11, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

crap

Oct 11, 05 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
3dGraffiti

In college, we had a class called “professional practice” where we were asked to create our own fictitious architectural office. That is what I named it. Part of my rebellious years… yeah… I was out of control, with the graffiti and the 3d and all.

Oct 11, 05 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hmmm, in my "professional practice" class one group's fictitious firm name was & Associates. I always liked that one.

My first ever post on archinect was on a thread regarding Philly. So I called myself liberty bell. Funny, I was so nervous before that first-ever post. Now I do it in my sleep - no, seriously.

suture and ether are two of my favorite words, so I love those names. I should have named myself scupper, I guess.

That would have been me in the Steven Ward this week, Steven, screaming furiously as I dealt with a destroyed and now replaced hard drive!

Oct 11, 05 11:46 pm  · 
 · 

According to my notes, on 18 August 1996 I was still referring to the virtual museum of architecture I was then planning to 'create' as non ici [literally 'not there' in Latin], and by 2 October 1996 the virtual museum was being referred to as Quondam. What happen in-between these two dates was a phone conversation with Susan M. Dixon, a friend from our mutual architecture school days and now an Art Historian whose PhD work was on Piranesi's archaeological publications. Sue and I had many conversations back then regarding a virtual museum of architecture and Piranesi's Campo Marzio. It was Sue that suggested the name "quondam" for the virtual museum of architecture. She had once heard reference to a Professor Quondam in Rome, and the name/word had since stuck in her mind. I liked the name immediately.

Oct 12, 05 8:12 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

This is a fun thread.

WonderK = A play on "Special K", as K is the first letter of my last name, and "Wonder Woman", who could kick your ass.

Also, "wonder" was the theme of my senior thesis and generally the way I approach life, with a child-like sense of wonder.

Oct 12, 05 8:26 am  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

Overly theoretical reference to the possibility/impossibility of a unified, capital-p "Public," touched on in various ways by people such as Walter Lippman, Jurgen Habermas, Rosalyn Deutsche, and others. I tend to side with people like Deutsche, who point out that any notion of a unified public is delineated at the expense of somebody--ie, "public spaces" that are unwelcoming to the homeless, or dominant political positions that exclude dissent ("the American public feels that ...").

So, in the spirit of irony, I (a solitary, disembodied [when online] voice) became The Public.

Oct 12, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
AP

that's very big of you.

Oct 12, 05 10:58 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

lletdownl is a reference to a radiohead song, and i just thought the l on front and back made it more pleasing to my eyeballs, its also the name of my solo music project

Oct 12, 05 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
nathaniel

A condom broke on a sailboat under the stars, so I was named after the person who charted the stars. Bowditch, Nathaniel, 1773–1838, American navigator and mathematician. At fourteen years old he began to study algebra, at sixteen he taught himself calculus, he taught himself both Latin and French in order to read mathematical works. At the age of 17, he wrote a letter to a Harvard University professor pointing out an error in Isaac Newton's Principia Mathematica. In 1795 he went to sea, on five long voyages he carried out his studies in navigation and as a result corrected some 8,000 errors in Moore's Practical Navigator, first published in America in 1799. A new edition appeared under Bowditch's name as The American Practical Navigator, it has been published by the U.S. Hydrographic Office since and is now in its 78th edition.

Oct 12, 05 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Garpike is a fish with a redundant name. It could be called a gar or a pike, both meaning spear. I guess the garpike is twice as spear-like as the gar or the pike. Who knows? Who cares? Here it is a reference to my real name, which also means spear. Someone has already taken that name.

Oct 13, 05 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
e909

remove the leading R from revolution 9o9

i like the unicode (?) nyms

Nov 14, 05 10:25 am  · 
 · 
e909
I don't have strawberry blonde hair or love strawberries or anything.

i already cracked your code name. you're just sweeter than the sweetest strawberry :-)

Nov 14, 05 10:29 am  · 
 · 

i thought it might have something to do with this, e:

"My baby says she's traveling
on the one after 909
I said move over honey
I'm traveling on that line
I said move over once
Move over twice
Come on baby, don't be cold as ice
I said I'm traveling
on the one after 909"

...but 'revolution' and 9s still have something to do with the beatles, anyway.

Nov 14, 05 10:31 am  · 
 · 
e909

driftwood: didn't you intend to link to this explanatory jpg on the bc site?

http://www.britishcolumbia.com/images/parks/gulf_islands/helliwell4.jpg

· 
surface

This is my real name.

My mom tells me that when my parents found out she was preggers, they went in different rooms of the house and each wrote 5 girls' names and 5 boys' names on a piece of paper.. and they coincidentally both had Susan as the #1 girl name.

My dad's last name was Surface. He was German. It used to be Zerfas but got changed upon immigrating to the USA.

Everyone thinks it's a fake "Designer" name though.

· 

Rita Novel is an authentic fake "Author" name.

Nov 14, 05 10:47 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

'Rita Novel' is my favorite pen name. she is one helluva genious..
like i said before, 'abracadabra' was a mistake.

Nov 14, 05 11:46 am  · 
 · 
no mistake about it

Nov 14, 05 11:59 am  · 
 · 
rutger

abracadabra
is also the name of a character in one of my favourite movies;
Le far west
by Jacques Brel
When cowboy Brel meets the mystical abracadabra, they go on a quest for gold accompanied by their cowboy and indian friends. This adventure doesn't take place in the wild west, but in the Brussels of 1973.

Nov 14, 05 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

Synopsis:
Some 40-year olds who have never grown up leave to conquer the Far West in the Belgian mines. The gold that they find blights their happiness, some of them leave, some of them die.

Will archinect ever be 40 years old?

Nov 14, 05 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
Reemy

Reem is my name but it also means the baby white gazelle of the desert. Its an arabic name. Reemy is just my nickname

Nov 14, 05 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff, because at Career Disco, we all put little pictures of David Hasselhoff in our final models. The critics spent more time "Where's Waldoing" the Hasselhoffs than they did ripping our projects.

Nov 14, 05 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

If you had an avatar it would have to be this gem of a gif.

Nov 14, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I've seen that. Brilliant

Nov 14, 05 7:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: