Archinect
anchor

Document Management - Buzzsaw? Others?

meowmeow12

I am doing some research on what software practices, developers and contractors use for their document management (and maybe even project management).

As far as drawing/documentation control is concerned, I appreciate that Buzzsaw is quite popular and handy... but not sure there are any other similar or even better products out there.

SO what do you use to manage, document and issue information in your offices? Straightforward emails? Buzzsaw? Other?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Aug 19, 10 7:53 am
kingofeverything

The Blue Book has a free document management application called Syncware. It gives the architect, owner or GC complete control of the documnets, so you know that the latest version is always being viewed by the team. They also give you a free messaging tool....BB-Bid that allows you to set up a plan room and distribute the doc's to team members

Aug 26, 10 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
jmanganelli

Does anyone use sharepoint?  I work with an organization that uses sharepoint to manage large project in general that include all file types.  I cannot imagine why this would not be sufficient for aec as well. 

Nov 29, 13 8:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: