My design projects explore the possibilities that come from a controlled corruption of geometric forms with highly refined design rhetoric. My interest in design is in the possibilities of heterogeneous meanings and multiple readings of the same object. Design engages the logic of the space and the viewer, to a level deeper than just surface aesthetics. I view design as an opportunity to give meaning to the built environment.
I'm interested in the problem of the large building program and the conflict with its context. I would like to continue studying the resolution of this conflict, through camouflage, mimicry, disposition, etc. Architectural theory and history is important to me and I pull influences from many different disciplines and historical precedents in the development of a project idea.
VIACOM, MTV Networks, Santa Monica, CA, US, Architecture Intern
International Entertainment Media conglomerate
• Modeled 2D floor plans of company-owned properties in 3D to be used by the client and by spatial planners
• Created a universal furniture palette of Blocks in AutoCAD for spatial planning
• Recorded instructional videos about using AutoCAD, to be used by company employees to access drawings
• Cleaned up and updated floor plan drawings in AutoCAD for New York properties
UCLA Capital Programs, Los Angeles, CA, US, Student Assistant
Architecture and construction funding company for UCLA campus
• Archived past drawings, office work
Resource Webs, LLC, Santa Monica, CA, US, Intern, Graphic Design Contractor
Internet and website development company
• Created graphic designs for the website, FamousBirthdays.com, including icons, banner ads, sub-page design, etc.
• Researched information for the site and edited photos for web pages, utilizing Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Hired to work as a freelance graphic designer for the company, on an as-needed basis
STV Incorporated, Irvine, CA, US, Project Assistant
Transportation and Civil Engineering firm
• Facilitated daily office functions and organized office for proposal meetings with clients
• Organized and printed engineering plan drawings for 3 major proposal projects
• Photographed on location for proposals and complied field research
• Assisted office accountant in verifying work orders, organizing files, and inputting payroll information
Electro-Chemical Devices, Irvine, CA, US, Office Assistant
Electrical sensor development company
• Input company data, managed information network, and other office functions
• Maintained and organized parts inventory, pulled parts for production department
• Assembled housings and parts for sensors/products, cut wires and applied ceramic filling into sensors
• Assisted in moving offices/building upkeep, such as tiling, assembling furniture and shelves, painting, etc.
Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, M.Arch II
M.Arch II program
Completed part of the program, 1 full semester.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
Bachelor of Arts, Architectural Studies