see all...Viewing 3 out of 9 projects
I am a driven young designer who graduated from Philadelphia University under the Interior Design Program in 2012. I have a passion for Architecture, specifically in the Interior Design industry. Born in Washington, DC but raised in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia while traveling to various countries, I have had the opportunity to broaden my knowledge on culture, tradition, and art. In addition, I have always had a great passion for Photography as they tell a story more than words. Above, you will find some of my variety projects as well as a glimpse of my work in Photography.
Upon graduation, I embarked on a 3-month journey that took me back to the motherland and other nearby countries. I am currently employed by a successful new business at Social Tables where I am utilizing my CAD skills to produce floor plans for existing large commercial buildings.
National Democratic Club, Washington, D.C, Banquet/Busperson Position
Shoptaw Design Firm, Georgetown, DC, US, Interior Design Intern
- Assisted Designer with ordering samples and meeting with vendors.
- Attended on-site meetings with clients to discuss design ideas.
- Assisted with selecting Fabric and Furniture for various projects.
- At times, did building surveys to take down required measurements.
- Created 2-d drawings when needed.
- Designed 3-d models and rendered specific perspective drawings for presentation meetings.
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA, US, Office Assistant
- Organized paperworks and entered datas as required
- Maintained and updated filing inventory either manually or using a computer
- Handled scanning, making copies, and emailing files as required by program directors and head assistant
MCM Consultants, Philadelphia, PA, US, Independent Contractor
- Created final boards of project for client presentations
- Ordered samples and finishes as well as met with vendors to update the firm's library
- Assisted designer in selecting samples for projects
- Created FF&E binders
Busybee Design, Philadelphia, PA, US, Design Intern
- Created spec sheets for store's Furniture and Finishes files
- Created an updated custom logo for all products of the store
- Organized the store for opening and closing
- Greeted and provided customers with design and sales assisting
Ted's Cafe, Philadelphia, PA, US, Barista, Cashier
- Worked at the cashier register
- Prepared coffee, smoothies, and at times, pizza
- Re-stocked shelves upon closing as well as during open hours
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design